Serves as primary technical support for site operations. Serves as primary site liaison for Information Technology, ILD, and/or LMS teams. Performs system maintenance necessary to update records, specifications, and operating procedures of site systems. Provides product and systems installation, configuration, and training. Maintains account activities of transactions and generates management reports. Functions as internal consultant regarding needs and requirements of Operations data processing. Designs, develops, and implements data gathering and reporting methods and procedures within site Operations. Follows evaluation processes to determine effectiveness of current operational activities and determine problem areas and develop solutions. May serve as backup Operations Supervisor as needed.
Detailed Job Description
· Serves as primary technical support for site database operations, such as Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Freight Management Systems (FMS), Labor Management Systems (LMS), etc. Ensures operational system integrity, including setup and control processes. Maintains “super user” status to facilitate site systems proficiency.
· Interfaces with Operations staff to review operating procedures and maximize system efficiencies. Provides regular communication to site Operations and internal departments regarding operational issues, process flows, customer requirements, account specific issues, etc. Includes analysis, insight, and recommendations.
· Coordinates with Information Technology to resolve site technical issues. Ensures issues are being identified, addressed, and resolved in a timely manner. Serves as functional user to define site requirements for layout and design of site databases. Investigates and recommends new technologies and information systems appropriate to the site. May work with system providers to obtain costs for system enhancements.
· Designs, develops, and implements spreadsheets, databases, and other tools to provide ongoing analysis of operational activities (e.g., storage capacities, inventory, freight flow, transportation solutions, etc.). Identifies areas for improving service levels, reducing costs, and providing operational enhancements.
· Develops standardized and ad hoc site, management, and/or customer reporting. Analyzes discrepancies and implements procedures to minimize.
· Conducts feasibility analyses on processes and equipment; calculates cost/benefit and business impact and proposes solutions.
· Trains associates on using warehouse management system (WMS) and serves as site expert on WMS logic and functionality.
· Serves as project lead and/or “site super user” for systems implementations. Leads User Acceptance Testing for new systems and modifications at the site.
· Trains site staff on the use of site systems and tools to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures and improve productivity. Supports training activities during account start-ups and on an ongoing basis as needed.
· Monitors system performance, performs maintenance and backups as needed.
· Based on site-specific needs, may perform any or all of the following:
· Serve as backup Operations Supervisor as needed.
· Maintain responsibility for Inventory Control and management.
· Supervision of Operations Analysts and/or hourly site staff.
· Participate or perform scheduling or related activities.
· Interfaces with customers to identify and resolve systems issues and maximize productivity.
· Support other site technology, including servers, backup systems, phone systems, PCs/hardware, network devices (wiring and switches), and network connectivity. Handles troubleshooting and related maintenance contracts.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Logistics, or related field.
· Undergraduate degree in business administration, information technology, transportation, logistics, or related field. (desired)
· Three to five (3-5) years of related experience.
· Excellent technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Excellent organizational, time-management, and project management skills.
· Excellent computer skills, including spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software. May need skills in particular site-specific technology and/or site reporting tools (e.g., Oracle, MYSQL, SQL Servers, web development languages, WMS, FMS, etc.).
· Working knowledge of spreadsheets and other data-mining tools.
· Working knowledge of logistics and/or transportation operations to be able to identify areas for improvement.
· Ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems and balance long- and short-term needs
· Ability to use solution-development site tools.
· Ability to work in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision
· Ability to adapt to changing conditions, operational needs, and customer requirements.
Exel - 19 months ago
Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas thanks to the hard work of 40,000 associates at more than 500 sites...