: GCMC - MAIN CAMPUS
: Full Time, Exempt
Provides a Chaplain presence to patients, families and staff. He/she will respond to the trauma center for all traumas, while on duty.
The Staff Chaplain performs duties to support the goals and objectives of the Division of Spiritual Care and the Geisinger Health System in its efforts to provide quality patient care and satisfaction at Geisinger Community Medical Center Campus.
Works under the supervision of the Director of Spiritual Care at GWV.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrates good writing skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of and honors religious and cultural diversity.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to walk long distances and to stand for extended periods of time.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- B.A., M. Div., or equivalent education required.
- Also, must have completed at least four units of Clinical Pastoral Education (Residency preferred). Ordination, licensure or commissioning preferred. Certification by APC or NACC preferred.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
- Work is typically performed in an office or clinical environment.
GEISINGER HEALTH SYSTEM
Geisinger Health System serves nearly 3 million people in Northeastern and Central Pennsylvania and has been nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. A mature electronic health record connects a comprehensive network of 4 hospitals, 38 community practice sites and more than 900 Geisinger primary and specialty care physicians.
As a not-for-profit, integrated-delivery health system, Geisinger is a national model of physician-led healthcare delivery. Geisinger is a leading-edge teaching institution with nearly 40 accredited residency and fellowship programs. Geisinger performs cutting-edge laboratory research at The Sigfried and JanetWeisCenter for Research.
The fourth annual Truven Health Analytics (formerlyThomson Reuters) 15 Top Health Systems study ranks Geisinger as one of the top 15 health systems in the United States. Geisinger was also recently named to the Becker’s Hospital Review “100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare” list for 2011.
Geisinger offers a competitive compensation package.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply
Geisinger Health System - 4 months ago
Geisinger Health System provides health care to a large portion of the Keystone State. The health care system serves more than 2.6 million r...