Reporting to the auction General Manager, the Online Sales and Services Manager is the leader responsible for the execution of the online strategy at the individual auction location. The Online Sales and Services Manager must build and lead the e-commerce team with the sole objective of achieving the online sales and service performance objectives at his/her individual auction location by creating an environment that drives efficient sales and operational excellence, managing all online activities to ensure effective work flow. As the subject matter expert on ADESA’s online suite of services, the Online Sales and Services Manager will develop, organize and implement online sales and marketing programs for existing and potential customers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Strategic business partner to the GM, Dealer Sales team, auction operations management, and corporate support to ensure maximum leverage of ADESA.com services to increase sales.
2. Oversee online sales objectives, strategies, advertising and promotional programs, and ensure execution. Work with auction marketing department to drive key messaging at auction level and maximize use of all available communications materials available.
3. Manage e-commerce team and drive full utilization of all team members. Prepare a monthly execution plan for the department to meet the online budget.
4. Build strong relationships with customers of ADESA.com through training, education and awareness to match the customer’s needs to the product offerings. Facilitate feedback from customers to assist with online sales initiatives and improvements and provide feedback to Regional Online Manager.
5. Form relationships with local organizations and affiliations in the automotive retail industry.
6. Prepare and distribute weekly/monthly online performance reports including sales and buyer activity generated by auction sales team. Distribution includes GM, auction’s management team and Regional Online Manager.
7. Lead outside sales by example by completing a minimum of 6 dealership visits each week, entering the results of the visits in sales force.
8. Require use of SalesForce for the documentation and execution of all online sales activities by all members of the e-commerce team.
9. Must make available to the e-commerce and dealer sales and services team all ADESA.com related materials and set specific goals for introduction of products and services to target accounts.
10. Work with Dealer Sales and Services Manager to refine strategy for the transition of target accounts to ADESA.com. Identify at least 5 target dealers from each sales rep that would be great candidates for the e-selling solution. Require monthly additions to the initial list.
11. Work with telesales to drive in-depth understanding and key messaging for telesales team to take the potential buying audience to drive greater exposure of online inventory. Prepare a brief bulleted list of highlights each and every week and deliver that list to GM and telesales team.
12. Foster continual improvement of online experience at auction and solution offerings to achieve growth.
13. Work with auction operations team to refine operational processes for online inventory to ensure operational excellence and maximize exposure to promote and sell inventory.
14. Make sure all Department area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents immediately. Practice and instruct all employees in proper loss prevention and reaction procedures. Report all incidents properly and immediately.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
High School Diploma/GED with three (3) to five (5) years experience in automobile industry with two (2) years supervisory experience required. Auction experience preferred. Must possess excellent communication and management skills. Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
Adesa Inc. - 22 months ago
ADESA (Auto Dealers Exchange Services of America) doesn't sell cars, it sells fleets of cars. The company offers used vehicle...