The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a Metadata Architect for our TSG Business Intelligence team. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Experience and Skills
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with little supervision. Self-motivated and able to take the initiative to resolve technical issues.
- Define a strategy that utilizes metadata to drive data quality and testing.
- Work with application and business team members to implement these strategies and solutions.
- Experience designing and maintaining taxonomies and controlled vocabularies.
- Familiarity with data dictionary technologies/tools; ability to configure the tools to capture and publish dictionary metadata across the enterprise.
- Ability to analyze information systems and products to determine metadata requirements.
- Experience with data warehouse industry standards, data modeling techniques, and data warehouse design.
- Leads efforts to define business metadata and incorporate into the presentation layer.
- Help drive accountability for ensuring proper data use and oversight, using existing metadata reports on usage patterns, to gather and inform.
- Research and implement tools in support of central metadata management solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and discounted services for employees who reside in a Time Warner Cable service area.
- 5+ Years of Experience with Ab-Initio Development.
- 2+ Years of Development Experience with Ab-Initio Metadata Hub (Metadata Management Product of Ab-Initio).
- Experience of using Metadata Importer for importing metadata from an EME Technical Repository and other sources like ETL tools (Informatica), Reporting tools (Cognos, SAS, Business Objects etc). and databases (Oracle, Teradata, DB2 etc.) for building data lineage.
- Hands on experience with Metadata Hub administration tools, utilities for creating Metadata Hub data stores, experience in creating and deploying Metadata Hub Web applications, and loading Metadata Hub customizations.
- Excellent written & communication skills.
FCC Unit_TWC: 10619
Controlling Establishment ID: 00237 - Charlotte 7910 Crescent
Nearest Major Market: Charlotte
Job Segments: Architecture, Business Intelligence, Creative, Data, Data Modeler, Data Warehouse, Database, Developer, Engineering, Information Systems, Java, Manufacturing, Oracle, Research, SQL, Technology, Warehouse, Web Design, XML
Adweek - 2 years ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...