FCH ENTERPRISES, INC.
Reporting to store management, this position is responsible for ensuring guest satisfaction, primarily by providing courteous and efficient guest service throughout the duration of the guest’s dining experience in the restaurant.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Effectively handles assigned section by greeting guests, taking orders promptly, accurately inputting orders into the POS, delivers orders, ensuring orders meet guests’ satisfaction and tending to guests’ needs throughout their meal.
- Is knowledgeable and can describe menu items, on going promotions and special menu items proficiently. Answers guest inquiries in a purposeful manner.
- Practices suggestive selling techniques.
- Maintains a constant flow of communication with kitchen staff and informs guests of their order status.
- Serves beverages and prepares desserts.
- Sets and busses and resets tables in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure service area is properly stocked and side duties are performed throughout the shift.
- Prepares guests’ checks and processes credit cards, gift cards, coupons, and cash payments properly.
- Maintains a safe and sanitary work and guest area through constant cleaning, organizing, and replenishing of necessary items.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
- Meets assigned shift requirements.
- Push, pull, and carry up to 20 pounds.
- Stand and walk at least 6-8 hours.
- Reach at shoulder level and below waist constantly, above head occasionally.
- Bend at waist occasionally.
- Passed a tuberculosis (TB) skin test within 5 years of start date.
- Pass a drug screening test.
- Works in an air conditioned environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a server required.
- Previous cash handling preferred.
- Basic math and writing.
- Able to interact with guests and co-workers in a friendly, enthusiastic, and outgoing manner.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Possess problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Reading, writing, speaking, and comprehending the English language.
- Trustworthy with cash and company property.
- Enjoys multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
- Punctual and dependable.
Zippy's Restaurant - 2 years ago