- Responsibility for constructing and/or optimizing physical database designs tailored for the Teradata information warehousing database environment in support of various strategic application development initiatives.
- Supporting application development timelines by reviewing and assisting in the implementation of designs and/or incremental changes to database definitions.
- Responsibility for gathering query, CPU & Disk resource requirements for new applications and extensions to existing systems.
- Undertaking the planning and carrying out of system upgrade initiatives and database recovery actions as required and generally contributing toward the overall online availability goals of the organization.
- Participating on a 24x7x365 on call roster providing production database troubleshooting support.
- Perform feasibility studies and cost estimates in response to user requests.
- Position requires the individual to carry a pager and be available at all times.
- Prepare and present written reports and oral presentations, following research and evaluation.
- Perform related duties as needed or assigned.
1. Conduct research related to projects and activities
2. Perform data analysis and assist in data reporting
3. Collaborate with other cross functional areas on various projects and activities
4. Job shadowing and information gathering meetings
5. Develop and deliver oral and written presentation to management.
- Bachelors degree strongly preferred but not required
- 6-8 years
- Experience as a warehousing database designer working with the Teradata MPP database product line (5500 and above), including Linux platforms running TD12 and above.
- Teradata Certification(s), TD12.0 and above
- SME in SQL and relational database concepts in MPP environment
- Solid understanding of information warehousing, MPP and large-scale data management issues and concepts
- Solid understanding of physical database design and online production supporrequirements for the Teradata database environment.
- Familiarity and experience with 3GL languages commonly used to connect with Teradata (i.e. Java, Visual Basic, JDBC, ODBC, etc.)
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.
- 3 years ago - save job
Express Scripts is a Fortune 25 company and is the largest pharmacy benefit manager in the U.S.