Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by designing, implementing and maintaining databases and applications. Manages database development projects and project teams and coordinates installation of revised or new systems. Evaluates existing or proposed systems to structure and access databases. Analyzes database requirements of user departments, applications programming and operations. Recommends solutions that require definition of the physical structure and functional capabilities of databases and require data security and backup/recovery specifications. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but not limited to the following:
Provides second and third level production support of databases and related supporting technologies. Responsible for overall maintenance of the assigned systems. Establishes and maintains sound backup and recovery procedures and validates daily backups. Creates and maintains users, roles, and privileges and enforces security policies. Monitors applications and databases activities and collaborates with application teams to perform tuning and troubleshooting. Escalates and works with vendor technical support to resolve issues. Installs, configures and upgrades database software and related products. Works as a member of the database administration team providing continuous on-call support.
Provides technical support to assigned complex development projects; responsible for delivering all DBA tasks on time and within budget. Gathers and evaluates technical requirements and provides accurate effort estimate. Collaborates with development leads to design database infrastructure including choosing right platform, analyzing supported version and patch level, sizing storage and planning disk layouts. Installs and configures databases and related application components and provides on-going DBA support. Designs and implements backup process and recovery procedures according to business requirements. Transfers knowledge to rest of the DBA team for on-going production support.
Coaches and mentors other team members. Perform cross-training and facilitates information sharing among team members.
Develop enterprise database standards.
- Establish and Support Standards
Collaborates with team members to evaluate and recommend new database technologies.
Summary of Experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience supporting Oracle EBS databases and applications - 6+ years
- Experience in database and application performance tuning and capacity planning - 6+ years
- Working as an active member of a database administration team in large enterprise IT environments - 6+ years
- Experience defining and enforcing enterprise database standards and processes - 3+ years
- Experience working with data analysts and developers to transform logical data models into physical database designs - 3+ years
- Experience applying EBS patches and maintenance - 2 + years
- Experience with Data Guard, RMAN and OEM
- Current technical knowledge in Oracle and Oracle E-Business Suite
- Knowledge of full system development life cycles and methodologies
- Strong systems design skills
- Ability to analyze and resolve difficult technical issues.
- Proficient in shell scripting and database programming languages
- Ability to coach and mentor more junior database administrators
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make timely and quality decisions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
Business Data Services
Our employees, who we call partners, are at the heart of the Starbucks Experience. We believe in treating our partners with respect and...