When you work in Operations at UnitedHealth Group, you can help improve the efficiency and usability of a system that's going to change the face of health care. If it sounds too good to be true, consider this: Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance structure that works better for more people in more ways.
- Code and maintain multiple different types of plan designs and product business rules, variations and state mandates for UnitedHealth Care and three acquisition companies.
- Code and maintain plan design data load programs which support the production of SBC documents.
- Code and maintain multiple web based tables, applications and websites which support the production of SBC documents.
- Code, maintain, daily execution and reconciliation of plan design data files to our internal partners.
- Partner with Health Plan Readiness leadership to provide automated system solutions for the implementation of new COC product launches, new plan designs and other related projects.
- Determine strategy for projects that require system enhancements and/or development or modification of existing processes and procedures. Analyze and recommend operational alternatives
- Execute key deliverables and ensure timely implementation on all tasks.
- Identify issues, analyze, and document critical facts and present recommendations to the involved areas to reach consensus and decisions.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for plan designs and benefit standards as it relates to the systems
- Technical Degree OR a high school diploma/GED with 5+ years equivalent work experience in related field
- 3+ years experience with Visual Studio ASP.Net (VB / C+), SQL
- Available to work 40 hours per week within the operating hours of the site
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in XML, Adobe Framemaker and Perl
- Lifecycle development
- Knowledge of Healthcare Industry and Insurance product experience
- Proficiency in Access, Oracle, MS Word and Excel
UnitedHealthcare , part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, is comprised of three specialized businesses dedicated to meeting the health care benefits needs of individuals and groups; all part of something greater, but each with a specialized focus:
- Ability to identify and prioritize critical issues and respond effectively to numerous demands in an ever changing organization
- Creative and logical problem solving skills, strong analytical and situational assessment skills which are executed independently.
- Willingness to experiment, be innovative, and try new approaches
- Display focus and patience in midst of ambiguity and pressure
- Strong Customer Service Orientation. Listens well and is respectful of different viewpoints
- Personable, credible, tactful with attention to detail
- Ability to assign, direct, review and perform work as well as follow-up and coordinate activities amongst peers and those over whom the individual does not have direct authority.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships, and work collaboratively as a team to meet goals with the Health Plan Readiness team and our business partners: Product and Innovation, Xy Enterprise, RR Donnelley and OptumInsight.
UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual works with individuals, small businesses and large multi-site employers to provide innovative, affordable benefits services.
UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement is focused on serving Americans over the age of 50. It is the largest business dedicated to meeting the growing health and well-being needs of aging individuals in the nation, serving one in five Medicare beneficiaries through a comprehensive and diversified array of products and services through four industry-leading businesses.
UnitedHealthcare Community & State provides high-quality, personalized, public-sector health care programs that help local government agencies improve health outcomes for millions of children and low-income and disabled individuals at an affordable cost.
Together, we're removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of quality health care that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower people to achieve better health and well-being.
Come grow and thrive in our culture of innovation and ideas. Because there is no opportunity greater than the quest to help people live healthier lives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...