Recommend a friend - Band
Do you see yourself as the
Regional Vice President Holiday Inn Brand Management
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
This role will lead the performance of Holiday Inn Brand in the Americas Region, and is responsible for developing Regional brand strategy based on the global brand strategy by developing and executing business plans for the region and local markets. Additional responsibilities include managing the business ideas and strategies relevant to brand management that will increase our revenue share penetration into the marketplace, generate profitable revenue to our hotels, improve guest satisfaction and intent to return, and improve owner returns on investment. This includes the alignment of the broader organization around the brand strategy and oversight of strategy implementation. This leadership role works closely with both Operations and Development teams and with our owner communities to tailor and agree Americas' brand standards and improve operational efficiencies, and shares a dotted-line relationship with the Global Brands Team, and represents them in region through the roll-out of Global initiatives and deployment of marketing spend.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
- Serve as the senior business leader in the Americas Region to focus solely on and heighten visibility and performance of the Holiday Inn brand. Serve as the voice of the brands and primary contact within the region to all constituencies (internal and external). Act as primary brand champion in reviewing decisions on additions/removals of hotels from the system.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, including Operations (Hotel Performance) and Development (Growth Strategy) to define and manage the brand roadmaps that will proactively meet guest and owner needs and develop winning business models / go-to-market strategies. Where appropriate, serve as primary brand champion on Americas Franchise Approval and Compliance committees.
- Partner with Global Brand Management to insure that there is a channel to provide / receive feedback to insure continuous and/or accelerated learning, process/program improvement, increased competitive advantage, and/or maintaining our areas of competitive advantage.
- Within the framework established by the Global Brands Team, identify local consumer and owner trends to develop and implement brand specific experiences in order to establish and grow a presence within current and targeted markets to increase revenue. Deliver branding activities which result in increased customer awareness and affinity, and in which owners, suppliers, and employees are also engaged.
- Continuously assess the competitive landscape for threats and opportunities for business development and strategically execute marketing plans that repeatedly gain market share. Partner with guest experience and consumer insight teams to create a brand research plan that provides continuous and actionable feedback on what our customers need, think and want from us.
- Maintain accountability for product marketing expenditures, ensuring the maximization of dollars spent against major product and brand priorities while ensuring that total product marketing cost is within budget. Work in conjunction with development and operations on capital projects and assist in the development of revenue forecasts and be accountable for them.
- Manages the appropriate Owners' Associations committees to continually refresh and improve all of the Region's Brands' standards in line with Global changes and specific Regional needs. Identifies opportunities through the standards to improve customer experience or create operational efficiencies for operators. Seeks broader IHG (specifically, Operations) input to guide material changes
- Responsible for ensuring the strength of our relationships with our key stakeholders with the primary goal of maintaining and expanding a favorable image of the company's brands by providing strategic leadership to develop and implement strategies that maximize hotel performance of assigned brand/s in the Americas portfolio, including measurements of revenue, occupancy, service quality, and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
- Leads regional brand engagement with hotel development staff and current/potential franchisees and with customers to understand needs that drive satisfaction and performance. Leads regional brand engagement with functional areas to drive services, projects, communication or promotion that contribute to regional brand performance
- Plan, organize, control and lead subordinate functions within established budgetary and manpower plans; establish goals, performance standards, and operating procedures for assigned functions. Participate in creation of department staffing and capital budgets.
- Develop people strategy to drive performance standards and technical competencies to grow and sustain best-in-class Brand Management team. Inspire, coach, develop, and challenge the brand management team by cultivating a culture in which consistent innovation and progress are expected. Elicit feedback and create an open cooperative environment, which fosters positive energy, creativity and strategic thought. Work in concert with direct reports to set objectives and targets; and assure proper training and development is provided to the entire revenue delivery organization.
Bachelors degree (preferably in Marketing or other, related commercial discipline). MBA is preferred. 10 to 15 years in hospitality or other consumer-focused sector, preferably within a large multi-national company, with roles focused on sales & marketing, business development. Experience working in a franchise environment with an active Owners Association and demonstrated strategic marketing, brand management, or extensive experience involving a marketing focus in a multi-brand environment.
Required Skills -
Exceptional strategic thinking through a proven ability to analyze markets, performance data, and business issues and draw insight/conclusions to drive and/or improve performance and drive revenue. Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation. Ability to work collaboratively with employees at all levels of the organization and establish and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners. Proven ability to build confidence and trust with senior executives. Demonstrated ability to strike an effective balance between long term vision and day-to-day activities. Strong ability to build partnerships with cross-functional teams in order to drive optimal business solutions through collaboration. Strong leadership skills and strong executive presence. Confident and effective public speaking skills.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a matched 401(k) program
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please click "Apply Online" and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
AMER_North Amer-United States-GA-Atlanta
InterContinental Hotels Group - 10 months ago
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (IHG) is an international hotel business, which owns a portfolio of established and diverse hotel brands,...