Churchill Downs Technology Initiatives Company is a growing, profitable entity that operates the Twinspires.com website and uses the most advanced technologies including real-time live video streaming, secure financial transactions and cloud based technology to deliver the next generation platform of online gaming. You will have continuous input into the growth and development of building winning interactive products in a consumer-facing environment. We are the Official online wagering site of Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby. We also have a fresh, bottom-up approach to account wagering that combines the latest online technology with the best racing content. People are able to wager online for virtually every Thoroughbred, Harness and Quarter Horse race from venues across the globe. Twinspires believes in a user-centered design approach and is looking for creative and flexible people to join our team. This is a full-time position and is based in Mountain View, CA.
We are looking for a talented web developer to join our team on a full-time basis. The position will work directly with other developers on design, development and ongoing enhancements of the web applications in an online customer-facing sports wagering environment with live-video delivery as well as complementary consumer entertainment applications.
This role also will be working closely with members of the project management team, customer support team, and the operations team. This position will be based in Mountain View, CA on Castro Street and may require minimal travel. Competitive base pay. Annual bonus for achieving business unit and individual objectives.
- Design, prototype and implement both server-side and client side web application code.
- Participate in design and development of customer-facing UX.
- Provide technical assistance to the offshore engineering and vendor teams
- Set-up and maintain the frameworks for continuous quality and performance measurement and scale throughout the development cycle
- Create and maintain high quality documentations including feature specifications, design specifications, flow diagrams, site maps, and process diagrams
- Help enforcing and augment development standards
- Perform product evaluations and usability test from the engineering standpoint
- BS Computer Science or related degree
- 2+ years hands-on experience in modern web application development
- Thorough understanding of front end web technologies
- Good understanding of MVC, OO design and patterns
- Experience with live/on-demand video streaming and location-based technologies
- Working experience with LAMP stacks
Churchill Downs Incorporated - 8 months ago
Churchill Downs Technology Initiatives Company is a growing, profitable entity that operates the Twinspires.com website and uses the most ad...