At MoneyGram, we are committed to helping people and businesses by providing affordable, reliable and convenient payment services. We are an international, high-performance company, located in more than 190 countries and territories and trusted by consumers across the globe. In addition to our customers, we are also committed to our employees. MoneyGram promotes an environment that is both challenging and rewarding for employees. We understand the importance of career development, and provide many opportunities to learn and grow. We take pride in upholding a culture strongly rooted in our corporate values, and committed to the communities around us.
We currently have two (2) opening for Spanish Bi-Lingual Fraud Detection Representatives in our Brooklyn Center location. This role is integral to identifying fraudulent transaction activity. By observing, reviewing, scanning, and detecting irregular transactional activity, the Detection Representative may utilize real-time environments to assess activity as it happens. These assessments of "fraud/no fraud" can be decision points for further action depending on the source (internal, agent, consumer, etc). Further action can be forwarding to investigators for further review, create cases, working with Fraud Clerks, speaking with agents, and other activities as required to support quick responses in the prevention of fraudulent activity. In this role, you must be fluent in Spanish! Other languages are a plus.
NOTE: All shifts will have at least one (1) weekend day (Saturday/ Sunday) included. All work weeks will consist of 4 - 10 hour days.
- Primary duties include investigating alerts or hits on fraud detection systems to determine what action needs to be taken (holds placed, case referral, completion of a SAR, exit relationship, continued monitoring Review rule output. Open/Close cases. Gate calls. PFC Modifications.
- Document fraudulent activity; work with trend analysts to support tracking and reporting efforts
- Partner with other functional areas of the Fraud Prevention department, including Regulatory and Trend Analyst team, Fraud Investigators, Fraud Clerks, and supervisors/work directors.
- Escalate issues to management and other functional areas as necessary regarding unusual activity, abnormal transactions, and customer care issues. Make recommendations for system and processes to increase efficiencies and enhance customer service.
- Answer questions and act as resource for new hires in similar job.
- Other duties as needed to establish, build, maintain and support the overall service levels and obligations of the Fraud Prevention Department.
Skills and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or GED. (required) Post-secondary degree or course work. (desired)
- A minimum of 2 years of problem resolution oriented customer support. (required)
- Proficient keyboarding, PC, and Microsoft Word. (required)
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. (required)
- Ability to sit 8 hours a day (4 hrs. consecutively) (required)
- Previous experience making real time fraud avoidance decisions related to agent or consumer fraud. (highly preferred)
- Understanding of regulatory requirements related to fraud detection/investigation, including Suspicious Activity Reports, USA PATRIOT Act, OFAC, Reg. CC and FACTA (preferred)
- Previous experience in fraud or compliance. (preferred)
- Proficient MS Excel skills. (desired)
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to drive change, innovative outlook and problem analysis skills.
- The ability to model the Corporate Values of Respect, Courage, Passion, Teamwork and Integrity.
** Spanish Bi-Lingual Required**
- Monday/ Tuesday, Friday/Saturday 10:00 AM - 8:30 PM
- Wednesday - Saturday 2:00 PM - 12:30 AM
MoneyGram - 13 months ago