Responsible for the management of a subcontract from inception to end of life, which includes the development, negotiation, administration, and management of complex and high risk subcontracts, includes long term product support, to insure subcontractor support of business objectives and customer prime contract flow-down requirements on supplier, cost, schedule and legal performance aspects.
• Normally receives detailed instructions on all work. Work is closely supervised. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
• Solves routine problems of limited scope and complexity. Follows established policies and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Contributions are usually limited to task-related activities.
• Limited use and/or application of basic functional or technical principles, theories, and concepts. Limited knowledge of industry practices and standards. Learns to use professional concepts.
• Prepares contractual documents and other documents in support of departmental objectives.
• Makes supplier visits as required to insure support of program and customer requirements and schedules.
• Builds stable working relationships internally. Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor, and other personnel in group or department.
• May make supplier visits accompanied with a senior SCA or Manager.
• Searches out and investigates qualified suppliers and manufacturers. Develops new supply sources where needed.
• Supports program tasks as assigned by either the Principal Subcontract Manager, SC Program Manager or Subcontracts Manager.
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline, or in the absence of an bachelor's degree, six years of related experience.
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse global culture that values teamwork, integrity, innovation, leadership, and an unwavering commitment to our customers.
United States-Oregon-Portland, OR
Forbes recently named Rockwell Collins to its 2015 America’s Best Employers list!
Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the design,...