Senior Programmer Analyst
Analyze requests for computerization of manual business applications or for revision to existing computer programs and define application requirements. Plan, develop, test, and document created computer programs and program modifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate user requests for new or modified computer programs to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computer capabilities. Consult with user to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives
- Analyze system specifications required to develop program and submit a plan to user for approval. Prepare flowcharts and diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps program must follow and to describe logical operations involved
- Develop, write and test structured programs using the tools and pre-coded modules available
- Apply appropriate programming techniques to ensure thorough editing and validation of data, ease of maintenance for future modifications and enhancements, and efficient use of computer resources
- Read computer printouts or observe display screen to detect syntax or logic errors during program test, or uses diagnostic software to detect errors
- Replace, delete, or modify codes to correct errors. Analyze, review, and alter program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements
- Write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections. Write manual for users to describe installation and operating procedures. Assist users to solve operating problems
- Recreate steps taken by user to locate source of problem and rewrite program to correct errors. Monitor performance of program after implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Field or a related area with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience as Programmer/Analyst
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in programming using PICK in a Unix environment
- Primary experience should be with medium scale Unix or Linux systems such as AIX or Red Hat
- Java or C# a plus
- jBase preferred
- Knowledgeable in standard programming languages and coding methods
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to understand user needs
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
Staples - 14 months ago
There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer and a trusted...