Job Title: UNIX Administrator
Duration: 6 months (extendable contract)
Location: San Diego-CA
Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate should have 5-8 years of server administration experience in a large enterprise environment.
- Candidate will be responsible for standing and configuring up the new server infrastructure, configuring new server infrastructure and maintaining the servers during the 12 months of operation.
- Responsibilities for the position include: Server provisioning (UNIX) and Hardware setup and configuration.
- Troubleshooting hardware and OS issues, opening cases with OEM's, and providing root cause analysis.
- Creating, maintaining and documenting processes and procedures for the project.
- Hardware experience using and configuring HP c7000 Blade System and Cisco UCS.
- Experience working in a high capacity compute grid environment.
- Redhat Linux and Solaris experience helpful.
RJT Compuquest - 23 months ago