The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for employee engagement, a commitment to superior customer service, and possess the ability to hit the ground running in a fast-paced dynamic work environment. As a trusted resource, this role performs tasks, manages projects, conducts investigations, and influences the desired great place to work culture.
With a solid understanding of state and federal employment law, the incumbent will act as a collaborative and consultative partner to both HR leaders and business partners. Superior communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), a self-directed nature, and ability to work as part of a cohesive team will serve as the foundation for success. As a skilled time manager, the Employee Relations Specialist is able to concentrate efforts on the most important priorities and will ensure a seamless plan and process for moving work forward on time.
The Employee Relations Specialist knows how businesses work, understands through experience the depth and breadth of human resource operations, enjoys working hard, and learns quickly when facing new circumstances. The Employee Relations Specialist will be sought out by others as a resource based upon an aptitude to analyze a situation and recommend appropriate strategies and/or action plans to achieve positive results.
West Division / Twin Cities Region
recommendations to resolve issues.
- Assists in internal audits of employee relations issues and makes
procedures, and programs related to the employee relations function.
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of policies,
opportunities and areas of concern requiring follow up.
- Facilitates and mediates employee/management disputes.
- Coordinates and participates in the exit interview process; identifies
responds to inquiries, concerns, and grievances.
- Assists employees with the interpretation of Company policies and
contact until request is resolved and case has been closed.
- Provides regular status updates to employees, maintains employee
- Assists in the investigations of employee complaints and disputes.
- Maintains appropriate records/files of investigations.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Creates a positive experience for every employee, every day by fostering Comcast's culture and aligning to CredoSpeak and Touchstones.
- Provides support throughout Comcast as assigned in all human resources functions, including, on boarding, employee relations, and performance management.
- Performs employee relations activities to promote increased communication, conflict resolution, and employee recognition programs.
- Experienced at administering progressive discipline/corrective action and advising leaders on a coaching and performance management.
- Counsels employees, supervisors and managers to resolve work-related conflicts through advice and recommendations.
- Assists in the development and administration of employee engagement and compliance programs.
- Analyzes employee CredoSpeak and Pulse Survey data, and works in partnership with Director to communicate results and collaborate with leaders to develop strategies and action plans to continually improve the work environment.
- Assists with preparing and administering various HR programs to include performance management, Code of Conduct, diversity and inclusion, and HR legal updates.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Using the HRIS system and other information resources generates a variety of department reports in order to compile related statistics and to provide useful information to the organization.
- Assists in the completion of special projects, policy development/implementation and other needs within the human resources department, as assigned.
- Keeps abreast of current trends and developments in human resources by establishing professional affiliations and participating in professional activities to include seminars, conferences, and reading appropriate books and journals.
- Foster continuous improvement efforts; offer ideas and feedback to generate new and innovative ideas to enhance employee engagement.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Arts & Humanities
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in an HR Generalist or HR Manager role.
- Demonstrated understanding of employee engagement concepts and research.
- Experience conducting high volume of investigations; earned reputation for fair and consistent resolution
- Experience administering employee surveys..
- Labor relations experience helpful.
- PHR Certification desired.
- A demonstrated team-orientation with all levels of employees.
- Superior interpersonal, diplomacy, communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Ability to quickly build trusting relationships, gain credibility, and partner with leaders and peers.
- Ability to effectively cope with change and manage stressful situations.
- Proven planning, priority setting, time management, and decision making skills.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced dynamic environment with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Strong technical/computer skills including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Enthusiasm for business and a passion for driving results.
- Demonstrated organization, strong attention to detail and follow-up skills.
- Can manage skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external stakeholders; can settle differences.
- Willing to work extra hours during peak periods.
- Sense of humor.
Comcast - 10 months ago
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online expe...