Our client, a leading high frequency trading firm, is seeking an exceptional systems engineer/database administrator to join its nascent IT team tasked with driving the innovation of its next generation systems infrastructure. This is a unique opportunity to join a sophisticated global quantitative trading firm and have a real impact on the technology platform during the next phase of its development. The successful candidate will be responsible for centralizing MySQL database administration duties that are currently distributed amongst a variety of technology teams and setting the direction of the firm’s database infrastructure going forward. As a member of our client’s IT team there will also be scope to manage projects and systems across a wide range of technology areas. Expert knowledge of database technologies, solid UNIX/Linux skills and knowledge of networking fundamentals are all assumed, as is the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities and put together well-reasoned and resourceful solutions under time pressure. The role requires extensive and continued liaison with central infrastructure and internal technology teams and excellent verbal and written communication skills are therefore essential.
- Design, deploy, administer and support MySQL databases
- Database performance diagnosis, tuning and capacity planning
- Data replication, backup, high availability and business continuity
- Develop and maintain database monitoring tools and automation
- Analyze existing database applications to improve query execution time and resource utilization. Educate database users in best-practices and good query design
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures for ensuring security and integrity of the firm’s database infrastructure
- Evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best-practices that can be used to enhance our database infrastructure
- Management of multiple projects across all areas of infrastructure
- Create and maintain systems documentation
TEKSystems - 13 months ago
TEKsystems, a subsidiary of staffing giant Allegis, provides IT consulting and staffing services from locations in North America and Europe....