BAE Systems, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Java Enterprise Edition n-Tier Developer to support the FBI's initiative to improve processes associated with handling of legal instruments which are currently very manual and paper driven. The goal of the project is to streamline and automate the preparation, dissemination and processing of returned data of various legal instruments used by the FBI. Implementing enterprise ready, robust, secure and scalable n-tier web service based solutions to facilitate those process enhancements is a key component of that initiative.
The software architecture being developed utilizes some of the most leading edge technologies available today, including those currently available in the latest Java technology stack. The individual selected must be proficient with these technologies. Additionally they must be capable of not only understanding how they work together, but be able to explain, troubleshoot and integrate them with existing implementations. Mentoring more junior developers on the best practices associated with each of these technologies will be an ongoing activity.
Location: Quantico, VA
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
- Active Secret Security clearance (SBI/SSBI)
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline plus eight years experience
- Develop and deploy secure and scalable enterprise applications with the JEE 6 technology stack
- Effectively build business logic using Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB 3.1)
- Manage complex transaction requirements while achieving high-performance data persistence with the Java Persistence API (JPA 2.0)
- Excellent communication Preferred Skills:
- Active Top Secret Security clearance (SBI/SSBI)
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline plus ten years experience
- Working knowledge of commonly applied Design Patterns
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of the Java SE/EE 6 Technology Stack (including Generics, Enums, EJB, JavaMail, JAXB, JAX-RPC, JAX-RS, JAX-WS, JDBC, JMS, JPA, JSP, JSTL, JTA, and Servlet technologies)
- Database experience using MySQL / MS SQL Server
- Ability to configure and hot deploy JavaServer Faces (JSF) based web applications to the GlassFish application server
- Automated application testing experience (JUnit, JMeter, Selenium)
- Comfortable working in NetBeans/Maven/Ant and SVN development environments
- Experience with SW development utilizing the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Technical Writing background
- Attention to detail
Support Solutions, based in Rockville, Maryland, provides a wide range of services in engineering, system integration, ship repair, and readiness and sustainment for military platforms. Its Technology Solutions & Services unit addresses the full life-cycle needs of U.S. Department of Defense and federal civilian customers with capabilities in systems engineering and technical assistance, system and subsystem integration, operations, and maintenance. TSS serves every branch of the U.S. military and numerous civilian agencies, operating the U.S. Army's munitions plant in Kingsport, Tennessee; integrating communications systems and developing and integrating precision tracking radars; and providing design and support services for air and missile defense systems.
The Ship Repair business is the leading U.S. provider of non-nuclear ship repair, conversion, and modernization services. It focuses on drydock and pier-side ship repair and sustainment services for the U.S. Navy, other defense agencies, and commercial customers.
TheReadiness & Sustainment business focuses on customers' growing need for through-life platform support.
People are the greatest asset in any Company ...
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
Join us ...
- 3 years ago - save job
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...