As a Data Center Technician, you are a primary resolver for your support team, and are skilled at troubleshooting one or more operating systems. You are able to troubleshoot and solve all but the most complex infrastructure issues. Issues are escalated to the appropriate resolver groups when necessary. You create and maintain documentation on technologies you support and are able to convey SOPs to junior staff. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. You know how to innovate and make decisions on his/her own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved.
You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects. You act as an escalation point for junior technicians. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support.
Ideal candidates need to be 1+ years experience with the following:
* IT Hardware Concepts:
o x86 Architecture
* Linux/Unix Administration:
o Boot Process
o File Systems
o Network device and protocol configuration
o Directory Structure
o Performance Management/Troubleshooting
o Base Operating System Install
o Scripting: Perl, Python, Bash
o Core OS Services: ssh, telnet, ftp, nfs, dns, dhcp, samba, ldap, cvs
* Networking Protocols (OSI Model)
* Copper/Fiber Optic Testing/Cabling Standards
* The position has a physical component requiring the ability to lift up to 75 lbs and may require working in cramped spaces or elevated locations.
* Amazon.com Data Center’s are 24x7 environments. All interested candidates must be willing to work rotating shifts (day/night) as well as weekends. Data Center Technicians are also required to wear a pager for communication, information, emergency, and on-call situations.
* All candidates must possess a valid driver's license, their own vehicle, and will need to pass a driving record check to operate company vehicles. Travel between sites/locations during the workday may occur.
* Employment for all candidates is contingent upon pass a background check.
* Hands-on experience with one or more of the follow hardware platforms (e.g. Dell, HP) is a plus.
* Networking experience with CCNA and/or Network+ certifications is a plus.
* Previous experience working in a Data Center environment (racking & stacking gear, cable management, hot & cold aisle containment).
Associate's degree in IT-related field plus two years of progressively responsible experience preferred
Amazon.com - 17 months ago