BRMi Consulting is a growing consulting firm that focuses on delivering Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Operations services to government agencies. We are committed to continuously improving and innovating to deliver the best outcomes for its clients. BRMi prides itself on its collaborative work environment where sharing expertise and actively nurturing positive working relationships is an everyday occurrence.
In support of a federal agency, provide systems administrator services; monitoring Linux servers, UNIX/Linux server maintenance, virtualization, backups, DNS administration, scripting and technical documentation. This position requires candidates to have current TS security clearance.
- Maintaining and monitoring Linux servers on mission critical secure network.
- Install approved software and patches
- Monitor system usage and performance.
- Operating system (OS) installs, patching, and maintenance on workstations and servers.
- Installation and configuration of multi-user applications.
- Installation and configuration using non-standard hardware requirements.
- Scripting, scheduling, reporting, maintaining documentation, and configuration control.
- Be cognizant of Linux and/or Windows virtualization methods and the use of a hypervisor.
- Administer daily applications and data backups for UNIX/Linux and Windows servers and workstations.
- Setup and configure wireless applications and secure VPN networks for Windows and/or Linux projects.
- Develop and recommend secure network configurations to meet security requirements.
- Installation and configuration of workstations and peripherals, kernel parameter and disk partition modification, client-server support, software and hardware upgrades, troubleshooting, and sell script programming.
- 3-5 years’ experience with UNIX system administration, including system installations, printing systems, security, installing third-party software
- Strong technical skills and familiarity with UNIX workstation and server administration
- Solid understanding of UNIX/Linux based OS; understand paging and swapping, device drivers, and file systems.
- Familiarity with Solaris/Red Hat Systems
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
- TS/SCI is a plus
BRMi - 10 months ago