Blue Line Talent is looking for a junior level MySQL DBA with experience in MySQL 5.0 or higher for this exciting direct hire opportunity. This is a great role for the DBA who is excited to participate ina rapidly growing start-up with a large and complex MySQL environment. This is an addition to staff due to continued doubling growth.
Position Title: MySQL DBA/Database Administrator (junior level)
Location: Rt. 128 area, west of Boston, MA.
• A highly acclaimed, employee-oriented, well established start-up
• Anticipates continued exponential growth
• Comprehensive benefits including three weeks vacation to start
• Work closely with the senior DBA, IT Manager and users to manage, upgrade and support the MySQL database
• Provide daily and on-call support for MySQL environment, migrations, upgrades and replication, including database definition, structure, documentation
• Ensure a stable and secure database environment
• Apply database management and maintenance skills
• Design, implement, and monitor database functionality to ensure stable environment
• Working with the data architect, specify and implement the logical and physical database design and layout
• The DBA will support 400Gb+ of physical data, millions of records.
• Collaborate effectively in an Agile-based team environment
• 1-2+ years of MySQL DBA experience with MySQL 5.0 or higher
• Knowledge of MySQL storage engines, database replication, and backup/restore operations
• Database troubleshooting and the ability to rapidly and accurately diagnose unexpected database performance & replication issues
• Linux knowledge as it applies to MySQL, server performance, backups and security
• Basic understanding or application of network concepts
• Basic Shell scripting experience
• A stable record of direct employment
• BS in Computer Science, or related, is preferred
• MySQL 5.5 or 5.6
• Exposure to MyISAM, InnoDB or similar products
• Experience with PHP
• Experience with MySQL stored routines
• Knowledge of networking, Apache web servers, LAMP stack
• Experience with cloud-based computing
• Experience with Linux Sys Admin, desktop support
• Experience working in an Agile team-based environment
Please apply at: www.bluelinetalent.com/active_jobs
• Local candidates please
• Not available for Corp-to-Corp, no third parties please
• Competitive compensation and benefits including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, commuter benefits, start with three weeks vacation, etc.
Principal, Talent Acquisition Mgr
Blue Line Talent, LLC
www.linkedin.com/in/ronlevis (invitations are welcome)
Moderator, Boston IT Community on LinkedIn Groups
Blue Line Talent is a member-owner of NPA, The Worldwide Recruiting Network, your connection to premier independent recruiting firms located throughout Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Americas.
- 2 years ago - save job
Blue Line Talent was founded to provide excellence in search services. We are excited to respond to the urgency of your business need while...