Lead eCommerce Developer
This role is responsible for the design, development and support of solutions which implement key eCommerce capabilities at OfficeMax.
This role requires the technical subject matter expertise necessary to deliver predictable enterprise-level, eCommerce applications which meet both the business and technology needs of OfficeMax. Skills include experience with development, documentation and implementation in current development tools. This position requires substantial communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and collaborate with other IT teams.
Experience and skills:
- Lead the development and maintenance of various OfficeMax eCommerce systems.
- Participate in the analysis and selection of 3rd party frameworks that embody the OfficeMax architecture strategies and principles.
- Creating documentation and training related to the eCommerce systems which are managed by this role.
- Keeping abreast of developing and emerging design and implementation tools and technologies in the retail eCommerce space and facilitate training and mentoring on these topics to the enterprise.
- Ability to adapt technologies to meet the needs of the OfficeMax business in a manner that can be easily utilized across the enterprise.
- Demonstrates a commitment to OfficeMax core values.
- 8+ years of experience developing and supporting J2EE applications with an emphasis on retail eCommerce.
- Experience providing technical leadership to small teams of engineers.
- Previous experience with various web technologies such as Oracle/ATG Commerce Suite, J2EE, XML, HTTP, SOAP, AJAX and SQL
- Demonstrated experience in advanced development practices and techniques in retail eCommerce with emphasis on reliability, scalability and reuse.
- Practical experience implementing J2EE applications with associated automated testing practices such as unit, integration point, durability and resiliency.
- Experience with UML modeling
- Experience in test driven development using tools like JUnit and JMock and associated techniques to introduce their use to development teams.
- Ability to analyze and learn rapidly changing technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively other IT teams.
Illinois Technology Association - 22 months ago