Do you like to code extracts and reports using SAS and SQL? Do you like to satisfy the reporting and data needs of a diverse customer base? Then this job ( BI Developer ) might be right for you. Working directly with customers at all levels within the organization, IT staff, and outside parties, this position helps analyze business requirements, then design and code software solutions for our FEHBP (Federal Business) employer reporting needs. Working both independently and as part of a team, the incumbent will create, enhance and maintain multiple reporting applications and data extracts, following defined SDLC policies and procedures.
- Provides technical expertise in the development of basic to moderately complex reporting applications, data marts, and reports in adherence to software development life cycles, including coding, testing, trouble-shooting, source and executable code management, documentation and deployment of applications.
- As a liason to business customers, participates in the identification of business requirements and design of software solutions.
- Responsible for technical maintenance and enhancements of multiple existing reporting applications, data marts, and reports in adherence to change management protocol.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking monthly production schedules, including being on call for review, trouble-shooting, and approval of completed production jobs.
- Provides code development peer review and assistance to other team members.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous (3-7 years) experience in all phases of application, data mart, and report development life cycles.
- Previous development experience with SAS and SQL (Oracle or SQL Server) required.
- Previous development experience with business intelligence tools (e.g. SAS Base, SAS Enterprise Business Intelligence, SAS Data Miner, SAS Enterprise Guide, Cognos, Microsoft Report Writer, Hyperion, Business Objects) Preferred
- Knowledge of JSP and HTML development preferred (for support of web reporting portal).
- Previous experience in health care and/or worker’s compensation industry preferred.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively with business partners, management, vendors, and team members.
Coventry Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to building a talented and diverse team.
Primary Location: Harrisburg, PA, US
Other Locations: Downers Grove-Illinois-United States,
Organization: 10800 - Coventry Management Services
Job Posting: 2013-03-21 00:00:00.0
Job ID: 1310140
Coventry Health Care - 2 years ago
In May of 2013, Coventry became a part of Aetna. We are excited to join together with common values and a common mission: empowering people...