Redhat Linux Server Administrator-1305812
Organization : Corporate Staff Groups
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Minnesota-Maplewood
Job Type: Experienced
3M is seeking a Redhat Linux Server Administrator for the corporate Server Support Team located in Woodbury, MN. Be part of what’s next!
Job Summary :
The person hired for the position of Linux Server Administrator will be responsible for day-to-day support for Linux Operating Systems, various operational utilities and server hardware, providing the technical support for SAP and associated environments, and coordinating and implementing required changes. They will work with Service Managers and the SAP Basis team to minimize impact of scheduled changes. Are required to understand and follow operational processes and policies and work with 1st level support to ensure timely, effective incident resolution. This position is a support position requiring participation in an on call rotation to provide 7x24 hour support.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Server Installation and Maintenance
- Owns primary responsibility for installation/configuration, upgrades and patches of all hardware, operating system, and operational utilities on UNIX/Linux systems
- Adheres to documented, approved standards
- Plans and coordinates infrastructure requests to accommodate server requests.
- Monitors, schedules, and implements server storage expansions, as required for client needs
- Coordinates and plans with other support groups and vendors to provide emergency and scheduled maintenance in an effective timeframe
- Measures baseline of server performance and security analysis
- Provides research, communicates, and implements “Best Practices” for server tuning
- Facilitates inventory management
- Gathers and documents system information
- Maintains accurate system informational databases
- Works with team to identify tasks to automate and develops automation scripts
- Minimum 3+ years of server administration experience
- Minimum 1+years of VMware experience
- Minimum 1+ year Redhat Linux experience
- Experience in:
- HP Blades
- HP and Dell hardware
- Scripting knowledge (Shell and Perl preferred)
- Clustering (GFS/Oracle Rac)
- SAN Infrastructure–EVA/NetApp/EMC
- SAP experience a plus
- HP Data Protector
- Skills include:
- Strong troubleshooting skills, fault isolation and resolution
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Participation on cross-functional teams
Location: Woodbury, MN
Relocation: Is not authorized
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs about 88,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. Be part of what’s next! Join 3M – follow us @3MCareers and learn more at YouTube.com/3MCareers.
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
3M - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: health...