JOB SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of this position is to provide leadership and direction to all on-site office and driver associates at a customer location. Assist in promoting and conveying the values and expectation of the customer and Schneider National to all Schneider associates. Ensures on-site team provides the necessary support to meet and exceed the customer expectations and needs. Customer liaison between the customer’s shipping department and Schneider National.
Develop an operating plan, equipment needs, and delivery schedules. Managerial responsibilities include the professional/account success and the personal growth of the on-site team members. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Periodic sales/pricing/performance reviews.
2. Sales maintenance and account expansion. 3. Ensure the on-site team provides service that will exceed internal and external customer expectations.
4. Analyze and recommend changes to existing traffic systems and procedures to facilitate continuous improvement. 5. Provide “hands on” support during absences.
6. Communicate the customer’s needs clearly and accurately to the organization. 7. Keep team members informed, focused, and motivated.
8. Conduct performance reviews, compensation reviews and career counseling on a timely basis. 9. Identify and resolve performance issues with service team members.
10. Develop, train and reinforce all procedures in conjunction with the site’s scope of responsibilities (i.e. operations, customer service, reporting of results, etc.). 11.
Oversee and lead implementation of action steps to deliver key factor results. 12. Develop/maintain a business partnership with the customer. 13.
Assist in the account budgeting process. 14. Ensure a balance of safety, customer service and other SNI values. 15.
Accountable for the team profit and loss. 16. Develop and conduct process for monthly financial results reviews. Detailed Description x Job Requirements EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS: 1.
Strong Account Manager and/or Senior Service Team Leader experience. 2. Exhibited sense of urgency, creativity and a flexible approach to running the business. 3.
Ability to make decisions and take action. 4. Possess solid judgment and common sense. 5.
High level of drive, energy and stress tolerance. 6. Strong oral/written language skills. 7.
Ability to build team relations and maintain high moral. 8. Ability/desire to work independently. 9.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in the...