A leading North American distributor of shipping, packaging and industrial supplies.
- Work closely with database and reporting technicians to build / support the information environment.
- Collect and analyze user requirements and translate into effective solutions.
- Own and support Uline internal applications.
- Provide strategic technology direction while supporting the needs of the business.
- Develop, maintain and manage Cognos, SSRS, Access queries / reports, dimensional models and SSIS packages.
- Design enterprise and departmental business intelligence, data warehousing and reporting solutions.
- Provide status on the issues and progress of key business projects.
- Maintain information in Uline’s data dictionary.
- Develop and implement reports / queries to help drive business processes.
- Build report prototype based on initial business requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years SQL development experience on multiple DB platforms – SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, Sybase and mySQL.
- 5+ years dimensional and transactional data modeling expertise.
- 2+ years using Cognos version 7 and 8.
- 2+ years proficiency with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS – 2008 / 2008R2) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS – 2008 / 2008R2).
- 2+ years generating reports with Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Exposure to Informatica, DataStage, OWB, OBIEE, Microstrategy, Business Objects and other ETL and BI / reporting packages desirable.
- Understanding of BIRT, Talend, Jaspersoft, Pentaho and other open source solutions a plus.
- Experience in an AS/400 (IBM System i) environment helpful.
Progenuity - 22 months ago