Provides professional Human Resources services in one or more functional areas of responsibility within Human Resources including: compensation; benefits; recruiting; labor relations; employee services, employee relations, diversity; training, organizational effectiveness, organizational development; workers compensation; and HRIS. Acts as a liaison to other human resources functions. Ensures that all activities and decisions are conducted in accordance with government legislation and regulations, contractual obligations, and University policy. Departmental Focus: Partners with designated clients to support all aspects of Human Resource strategy and management. Delivers superior customer service to achieve client satisfaction in meeting their Human Resource needs. Works in conjunction with specialized units in Human Resources. Principal Responsibilities 1. Provides advice and guidance to a medium to large sized client base and human resources partners regarding human resources issues and compliance regulations.
2. Delivers effective human resources services in support of department and University policies.
3. Serves as an expert resource to clients and human resources partners on department and University activities associated with assigned functional areas of responsibility.
4. Maintains accurate information on organization structure and administrative practices, procedures, guidelines, and systems associated with delivery of human resources services and programs.
5. Conducts research, evaluates, and interprets department and University policies and assists clients and human resources partners in resolving complex issues.
6. As a strategic business partner designs and supports work systems in which people succeed and contribute. Cultivates and fosters collaborative relationships with clients and HR partners. Delivers superior customer service. Consults with business unit management in the strategic planning process and development of human resource strategies that support the unit’s business needs. Establishes HR business objectives to support the attainment of the client’s overall strategic business plan and objectives.
7. As an employee advocate creates a work environment in which people will choose to be motivated, contributing, and engaged. Analyzes data, develops solutions, and determines courses of action. Provides direction and establishes an organizational culture and climate in which people have the competency, concern and commitment to serve the business well. Fosters effective methods in support of goal setting, communication and empowerment through responsibility, to build peoples ownership of the business.
8. As a change champion links change to the strategic needs of the client to minimize employee dissatisfaction and resistance to change. Assesses the effectiveness of the HR function. Champions the identification of the client’s strategic plan: mission, vision, values, goals and action plans. Determines the measures that will tell the organization how well it is succeeding.
9. As an advisor studies, analyzes and provides advice and counsel to clients on HR law, policies, procedures and contractual obligations.
10. Leads HR projects and programs.
11. Mentors junior staff.
12. May perform other duties as assigned. Required Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
Three years of professional human resources experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Required Skill/Ability 1: Excellent critical and strategic thinking ability. Ability to direct and influence change. Ability to collaborate with leaders to drive change in the culture and management practices. Required Skill/Ability 2: Knowledge of staffing, compensation, employment law, labor relations, training and development, benefits, and HRIS applications. Required Skill/Ability 3: Superior customer service orientation and ability to respond in a constructive and timely manner. Required Skill/Ability 4: Well developed organizational and interpersonal business skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Required Skill/Ability 5: Ability to initiate actions and solve problems using sound judgment Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: Experience working in Human Resources with six years of human resource administration experience.
Master's degree and professional certification (PHR, CCP or CBP). Brass Ring and Oracle experience. Experience working in a healthcare/clinical environment. Weekend Hours Required? No Evening Hours Required? No Drug Screen No Health Screening No Background Check Requirements All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process. Posting Disclaimer The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...