Responsible for monthly G/L closing, including preparation of journal entries, reviewing balance sheet and income statement accounts and financial reporting with a moderate to high level of complexity in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Company policies. Oversees and reviews the accounting process for specified accounts and/or lower level personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly journal entries requiring calculations of a moderate to high level of difficulty.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations with a moderate to high level of complexity.
- Analyze operating and non-operating expenses.
- Apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Company policies to solve moderate to complex problems.
- Coordinate and oversee assigned accounting processes.
- Assist with journal entry and reconciliation review processes.
- Plans and conducts complex cost analysis.
- Analyzes complex financial data and extracts relevant information; interprets data for purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to project a financial probability.
- Provide and interpret financial information for managers to make economic or business decisions.
- Assist with preparation and review of SEC reporting documents.
- Ensure accounting policies are being followed.
- Assist with the implementation and design of accounting and financial planning systems.
- Provide internal and external auditors with requested documentation.
- Understand and comply with Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Prepare statutory reports.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Mentor, train and provide work direction to staff as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in Accounting (preferred) or related discipline.
- Experience: Five or more years related experience and/or training.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification: CPA a plus.
- Other: Excellent spreadsheet skills required. SAP and BPC experience a plus. Good communications skills required.
Charles River Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in the workplace.