The HR Business Partner (HRBP) position will provide full spectrum human resources support to an assigned client group. The individual will drive the development and implementation of integrated HR programs that enable performance and ensure operational excellence. A key responsibility is consulting with managers and developing plans to maximize the ability to attract, retain, develop and motivate talent. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about each functional area, Ghirardelli’s financial position, its plans, its culture and its competition.
Scope of Responsibilities
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Organizational Development / Effectiveness – Understands client organizational needs, analyzes trends and partners with both clients and other functional areas as needed to develop and deploy solutions in the following areas.
- Organizational design and team effectiveness
- Workforce planning
- Succession planning
- Leadership and manager coaching
- Performance management
- Career coaching and mentoring
- Labor / union relations
- Foster a results oriented culture through effective coaching and implementation of performance management process and tools
- Understand current staffing needs and priorities, as well as future anticipated needs and interview / provide input on hiring decisions.
- “Keep a finger” on the pulse of the organization by understanding employee perspectives and attending business / staff meetings.
- Drive functional area talent agenda by ensuring thorough and thoughtful assessment, individual development and succession planning.
- Provide input to compensation structure, decisions and incentives based on sound understanding of roles / career path in functional areas.
- Understand and share benefits and wellness strategies with client groups and support their positions in design and decision making.
- Provide direction and support to all levels of management, particularly in employee relations, organizational change and leadership.
- Manage and bring resolution to complex employee / labor relations issues, conducting thorough and effective investigations as necessary.
- Partner with HR colleagues to ensure consistency in program frameworks and implementation in functional areas.
- Ensure HR practices are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements, Ghirardelli Vision, Goal and Values and the Lindt credo.
Education and Experience
- Experience and expertise in Employee and/or Labor relations and at least 2 of the following human resources disciplines:
- Learning and development, organizational development / effectiveness or facilitation
- Employment law with knowledge of California Labor Law
- Working knowledge of workers compensation, ADA, leaves of absence, etc.
- Workforce Planning
- Performance management / Succession planning
- Talent Acquisition
- Reward & recognition / engagement
- Coaching / consulting
- Change management
- HR policies and processes
- Strategic – able to see the big picture and develop supporting solutions aligned to organizational business plans as well as tactical capabilities– able to see initiatives through to implementation.
- Demonstrated consulting and diagnostic skills, able to engage active listening skills and provide sound and relevant diagnosis and advice.
- Excellent client management and business literacy skills, able to accurately interpret business objectives within appropriate clients.
- Strong conflict management skills, able to effectively resolve conflict with a positive outcome.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, able to proactively engage dialogue and communication to reach resolutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Ability to manage a large client base with units in multiple locations.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Ability to understand issues domestically and internationally and communicate effectively with clients and colleagues around the world.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels.
- Self directed and motivated.
- Proactive - takes initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in human resources activities with at least 3 of those in exempt-level work.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines
- Previous experience handling the resolution of complex employee relation issues.
- CPG, FMCG or Restaurant / Retail industry experience a plus.
- PHR or SPHR certification a plus.
- Previous work in an international company or setting a plus.
- Indoor office environment
- Interfacing with various office and computer equipment
- Regular communication with internal and external customers
- Travel to various locations across the country or local travel to meetings
The Ghirardelli Chocolate Company is a manufacturer and marketer of premium chocolate products. Incorporated in 1852, Ghirardelli has an...