In accordance with physicians orders, the Occupational Therapist assesses, evaluates, plans, and carries out occupational therapy programs to restore maximum reasonable function and to minimize disability following disease, injury, or genetically acquired disabilities. Position tasks and responsibilities include:
At Englewood Community Hospital we work hard to contribute to the health of our patients by ensuring the happiness of our people. As part of the HCA West and Central Florida hospital system, we focus on your needs while providing excellent care to our patients. Our intimate 100-bed hospital has earned major accolades for our Orthopedic, Stroke and Cardiac achievements. We are also an accredited Chest Pain Center offering many "big-city" services to our patients.
- Plans, organizes and conducts programs in a variety of sensorimotor, educational, recreational and social activities designed to help patients regain physical and or mental functioning or adjust to their handicaps.
- Plans therapeutic care based on clinical assessment.
- Teaches patient skills and techniques required for participation in activities.
- Evaluates, records and reports on patient's response to treatment and progress toward identified goals.
- Integrates occupational therapy treatments with other aspects of patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Participates in patient discharge planning.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Discover how we care in our vibrant, beachfront community where the patient and our community always come first. Make excellence your goal by joining our family of hospitals. 001 FTE
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy.
- B.S. or M.S. in Occupational Therapy.
- State licensure as an Occupational Therapist.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider through American Heart Association.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
HCA Inc - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -