This is a senior level solutions architect position on the IT/IS Program. The candidate will support a team focused on innovation and includes: the development of new services and solutions for our client; optimization of baseline engineering activities; and the development of new requirements. The ideal candidate will have experience in many cross-technical disciplines and demonstrate technical expertise in virtualization (server, storage, desktop and applications), data center infrastructure management, SharePoint, ITIL and Cloud computing (Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS). Experience should be broad-based crossing multiple markets (i.e., DoD, IC, industry) and should include relevant/associated certifications and knowledge of applicable tools, methodologies, and best practices. The candidate must possess the ability to work independently and closely with government and program senior management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position reports within IT/IS ISP Service Solutions organization and reports directly to the Senior Manager for Service Design and works closely with the IT/IS Technical Executive and team of Chief Engineers and Chief Architects across all core service areas. Activities will include (not intended to be an exhaustive list):
o IT Architecture Solutions
- Skilled in architecture engineering, systems integration, systems engineering, IT security engineering, policy, governance, capacity management, performance analysis, and business management.
- Required to independently plan, execute and report on tasks as identified by the Government and Program management.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to work in a team environment.
- Provide the following skills:
- IT Technical Support
- Address any IT expertise that may be needed within Architecture Engineering. Researches technical matters as applicable for solutions being developed and explore future projects of a technical nature as assigned by the IT/IS Director, Engineering and Technical Executive. Projects include but are not limited to the investigation and incorporation of new technologies, tools, and industry practices.
Provide coordination between Architecture Engineering, Director, Engineering, Technical Executive, Chief Engineer, Chief Architect and Government Customer organizations to enable the Program to deliver sound technical solutions, including standards development, coordination, and enforcement, to other processes, particularly the IT Planning and Investment Control, IT Strategic Management, interoperability compliance, and solution development processes. Manage, administer and support the development and construction of architectural models to logically capture critical components of the Customer enterprise.
Assist with the investigation and resolution of Problem Management and Root Cause Analysis activities.
o IT Strategic Management
This involves supporting overall strategic planning led by the Technical Executive and implementation framework that focus on enterprise strategies. The IT Strategic Planning (ITSP) process shall yield roadmap artifacts and a Strategic Plan.
This position will consider business and technical needs of the customer with the goal of providing the most technically sound and highest quality product. Work involves the planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation, implementation, integration, maintenance, and management of technical solutions. Individuals qualified for this position will also:
Actively mentor less experienced team members.
Have the ability to manage multiple tasks at multiple locations with multiple deadlines and to work independently and respond effectively to crisis situations with limited or no direct supervision.
Involve various levels of management responsibility.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years relevant work experience in IT architecture engineering, systems integration, systems engineering, IT security engineering or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Experience in the development of ROM or Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) sustainment cost projections.
- Development of White Papers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong technical analysis skills.
- A successful candidate’s resume will demonstrate positive team skill experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Identify emerging initiatives to enable early, proactive support to the mission.
- Ability to quickly understand emerging technologies and integrate those technologies in existing infrastructure to benefit agency capabilities, user experience and support mission.
- Must have Strong technical analysis skills, strong background and experience at defining requirements and deriving lower-level requirements, demonstrated experience in business process re-engineering and Enterprise systems integration experience.
- Interact across the Customer and IT/IS organizations, with other contractors and vendors, and with government representatives.
- Ability to function well in a rapidly changing environment with little or no direct supervision.
- Proficiency in oral and written communications.
- Must be an independent motivated energetic self-starter.
- Must be able to conduct senior level decision briefings.
- Knowledge of the Customer’s Production and Acquisition processes strongly desired.
- Knowledge/experience of/in IC systems, capabilities, and infrastructure strongly desired.
- Knowledge/experience in development of the following technologies strongly desired:
- Big Data
- Data Analytics
- Visualization through custom Dashboards
- High performance computing
- Sharepoint development
- Multi-level security
- Security + and/or CISSP certification desired
NJVC, LLC - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
An Alaska Native Corporation, Chenega Corporation has gone from landowner to business titan. Founded in 1974 to represent the Chenega people...