As a Senior Level High-Speed Specialist in Product Engineering, you are expected to conduct leading edge R&D projects in various sub areas of HSIO, including architecture, performance critical components, link modeling, simulation, and analysis, time and frequency design characterization and verification with various types of lab equipments. Your primary focus will be on developing leading edge electro-optical HSIO simulation/modeling technologies/products with different abstractions, from transistor, to integrated circuit, to behavior/algorithmic. You are expected to interact with various functional groups related to HSIO technology and product to initiate, drive, and deliver the R&D projects/products in a timely manner. You are also expected to write technical papers, patent applications based on the outcomes of the R&D projects. You are expected to be an independent, a self-starter, a team-player, with minimum supervision.
The successful candidate's minimum qualifications will include the following:
- BS/BE in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent with a minimum of 12 years postgraduate and relevant experiences in the semiconductor, EDA, communication , or computer industry.
- In depth experiences and/or knowledge on modern electro-optical HSIO architecture, signaling, clock generation, recovery, and distribution, equalization, data driving and data recovering.
- In depth experiences and/or knowledge on transistor/gate/circuit level design of transmitter, receiver, SERDES, PLL, DLL, oscillator ICs and devices.
- In depth experiences and/or knowledge on HSIO signaling theorem, modeling, simulation, analysis, and debug for HSIO links and subcomponents, jitter, signal integrity, power integrity.
- In depth experiences and/or knowledge on design verification, characterization and debug methodologies for HSIO devices and systems, signaling, AC, DC, and timing parametrics, and jitter, signal integrity, power integrity.
- Experiences and solid coding capabilities in C/C++ is a must.
- Experience and/or familiarity with high-speed I/O standards such as: PCIE, HyperTransport, SATA, Fibre Channel, Gigabit Ethernet, XAUI, GigE, CEI/OIF, SONET, DDR2, DDR3. The emphasis is on the PHY specifications.