Administers the procurement of commercial off-the-shelf parts as well as build-to-print components from a number of qualified and sources which will assure quality, continuity of supply, service, and competitive prices. Provides program management with material status reports and supplier performance metrics as needed. Maintains accurate, auditable records according to FAA and corporate policies and procedures. Insures aviation assets are sourced from certified suppliers and include required documentation. Assists others within the program to assure timely delivery of necessary materials, purchased parts, equipment and accessories at best value in accordance with specifications and delivery requirements.
1. Develop and implement procurement plans for those assigned components, in accordance with program requirements. Places orders for new and existing production materials.
2. Negotiates optimum price relative to specified immediate needs, known future requirements, price breaks, and other economic order quantity determinants.
3. Corresponds and assists in negotiating all vendor price increases and/or reschedules.
4. Seeks and develops potential sources of supply based on required processes and vendor capabilities.
5. Negotiate long term agreements with suppliers. Review and re-bid long term agreements as necessary to maintain competitive pricing.
6. Pursues a cost-reduction program by coordinating manufacturing experience and technical ability that will result in new and/or less costly designs, products, processes, or services.
7. Interfaces with other Company departments to resolve engineering, manufacturing, quality, or payable problems.
8. Receives and interviews supplier sales personnel regarding new products, services, technologies and/or problems.
9. Monitors supplier performance of existing contracts with regard to delivery and/or pricing.
10. Maintains rapport and honest business relations with all suppliers. Projects the professional image demanded by the Company in supplier and public relations.
11. Assist and advise other team members in solving specific purchasing issues and the training, guidance, and evaluation of others.
12. Establishes and maintains reports on all aspects of the procurement process including cost monitoring and reliability reports.
13. Works closely with suppliers to mitigate risks. Notifies management of issues which might adversely affect production schedules, quality or budget.
14. Daily attendance is an essential part of this position.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Bachelors degree and five years experience or equivalent in related education/job experience.
Professional certification a plus (i.e. APICS).
EXPERIENCE, SKILL, AND KNOWLEDGE:
Five to Seven years of related experience. Must possess a strong working knowledge of the procurement of aerospace parts including but not limited to hardware, electrical components, and build-to-print parts. May also include: outside chemical processing, plating, painting, shop supplies and tools.
Must have an understanding of ERP systems and material requirements planning operations. Ability to determine required processes based on engineering drawings. Experience in lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma considered a plus. Candidates will need knowledge of general business conditions in current economic climate. Knowledge of contractual conditions and responsibilities as they relate to commercial aerospace purchasing/contracting, business law and the relationships between companies and their suppliers. Working knowledge of FAA regulations regarding aviation parts and materials.
Ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite. Ability to make professional presentations related to program status is key.
Work in area that is mechanically heated and cooled.
Some exposure to elements of weather when traveling and/or commuting between buildings.
Some travel required.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL CONDITIONS:
Requires lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis.
Requires physical effort associated with standing/walking/sitting.
Requires ability to twist, bend, squat, climb and/or other body movements to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
Requires the ability to reach above shoulder height in accomplishing job tasks.
Requires the use of either or both hands for grasping items, manual dexterity is required, and the ability to push/pull i.e. open/close file cabinets and/or operate office equipment.
Sufficient vision required to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
Requires sustained periods of concentration.
Must be able to handle stressful situations without affecting logical decision making.
Monster - 9 months ago
M7 Staffing and Business Solutions provides it's partners access to the most innovative and fiscally responsible staff retention solutions f...