Alvarez & Marsal is a global multi-disciplinary consulting firm with over 2000 professionals located in 40 countries. Building on its roots in restructuring and turnaround consultancy, it has evolved to provide a full range of consulting services across the life-cycle of an organization, all of which draw on its operational heritage and are free of audit conflicts.
Alvarez & Marsal recently formed a valuation services business unit. A&M is known for its skill in analyzing and resolving complex situations which often require the application of sophisticated valuation techniques. Due to increasing demand for such analysis, A&M is investing globally in building a team of valuation experts with a focus on complex valuation techniques applied to complex financial instruments, illiquid securities, private equity, litigation support, and valuations for tax and financial reporting purposes.
The Valuation Services practice is currently seeking Managing Directors for multiple locations including the Washington DC office.
- Attract and develop a strong team of experienced professionals to drive growth; provide mentorship and training
- Work closely with other managing directors and staff to enhance the performance of our national practice and strengthen our brand
- Drive business development activities by cultivating and managing new and existing clients
- Build his/her profile and the reputation of A&M in the industry either through speaking on technical matters, developing new client relationships or having a recognized industry expertise
- More than 10 years (at least 3 years in a similar role) of relevant experience gained at a prestigious accounting or consulting firm, investment bank or independent valuation firm
- Is a recognized expert in providing valuation services either as a generalist or a specialist in a sub-segment (valuation of illiquid securities, derivatives, purchase price allocation, portfolio valuations, equity instruments, etc.) and/or with a recognized industry expertise
- Awareness of the market and proven track record of business development and revenue generation
- Bachelor degree required; graduate degree preferred. Relevant industry certifications (e.g., CFA) are a plus
- Strong communication, relationship-building and influencing skills
- Desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial culture
Alvarez & Marsal - 2 years ago
About Alvarez & Marsal:
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim...