Registered Dental Assistant
POSITION SUMMARY (Briefly describe the position)
RDA is responsible for aiding the dentist in achieving success in patient care by discussing the patient's needs and concerns. Registered Dental Assistant performs duties such as: prepare the patient for the treatment, assist the dentist in performing their treatment to the patient in restorative dentistry or oral surgery, prepare materials and equipment for treatment and have them ready for the dentist’s use, take x-rays and assist the dentist in laboratory work. May perform other related work to include, but not limited to, making appointments, answer the phone, ordering supplies and doing the dental billing.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education : (Preferred)
Experience : (Required)
- Registered Dental Assisting License
- Three years experience
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Clinical experience
- Proven multi-tasking ability
- Friendly demeanor
- Professional demeanor
- Bilingual English/Spanish (Required)
- Proficient Microsoft Office and Excel (familiarity with medical terminology).
- EHR- Electronic Health Record (Preferred)
- PMS- Practice Management System (Preferred)
verification and recertification when requested by management.
- Registered Dental Assisting License, OSHA Certification, CPR License, X-ray Radiation License
- Employees are responsible for maintaining individual certifications as required by job function or by law and provide
Duties and Responsibilities:
while attending to their individual concerns, and promoting the good qualities of your doctor.
- Actively participate in the Perfect Patient Experience by striving to keep our patients focused on optimal treatment
assist the doctors – thereby enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment.
- Maintain a clean, sterile and cheerful environment where our patients feel comfortable, prepare them treatment, and
history is updated for all returning patients.
- Obtain dental history and/or records from patient (review patient health history and care slips). Ensure that the health
- Escort patients to/from the front desk, and introduce them to the exit clerk.
- Prepare tray setups for dental procedures, and maintain adequate supply levels in each operatory, replenishing as
Maintain monthly check of Emergency medical kit, Oxygen tanks and oxygen masks (adult and children).
- Complete x-rays for adults and Pedo (children) patients as appropriate.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment.
- Instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
- prepare materials for making impressions and restorations.
- Maintain an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policy.
- Maintain all logs required for St. John’s Dental equipment, in compliance with prescribed audit tools.
- Maintain adequate inventory of Dental supplies.
- Place orders for Dental supplies in accordance supplies.
- Demonstrates oral hygiene care procedure and techniques.
- Performing Prophylaxis on children and applied fluoride treatment.
- Hand instruments and materials to dentists, and keep patient’s mouths dry and clear by using suction or other
and healthy history.
- Record patient charting and all doctor notes on treatment record. Ensure the doctor signs treatment record consents
FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
- Act in accordance with those set forth as per the applicable State’s Dental Auxiliaries.
- Clean each operatory in accordance with the American Dental Association guidelines.
- Maintains strict compliance with State, Federal and other regulations, (e.g., OSHS, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA,
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) inputting prescriptions and patients chart.
- Practice Management System (PMS) Registration, Scheduling and Billing.
- Must be able to cope in a “fast pace” environment
St. John's Well Child & Family Center - 11 months ago
St. John's Well Child and Family Center provides a broad continuum of care to patients by successfully piecing together a patchwork of nonpr...