As a Senior Training Instructor 5 you will establish strategies for deployment worldwide of new course content or course offerings. In addition, you will deliver technical course content and supporting materials to internal and external clients using a wide variety of delivery methods. Courses will be on software and hardware products and will be targeted to audiences at many levels including: NetApp customers, employees, resellers, and partners. To be successful in this role, you will possess strong project management, relationship building, and specific subject matter skills, as well as have a strong technical understanding of NetApp's hardware and software, and related technologies.
Training Instructors deliver course content and materials to clients through instructor-led classroom presentation and web-casts in virtual classroom environments. You will contribute to the department's delivery goals including:
- Teach classes for multiple products. Teach special classes for internal audiences, beta trials, and new releases.
- Provide support, mentoring, technical refreshes for Learning Partners.
- Develop and deliver custom, on-site courses to domestic and international audiences.
- Attend rollout presentations, review course material and labs, and prepare for training delivery.
- Help to determine the effect of a new release or product offering on current course materials.
- Research alternative delivery models.
- Gain and maintain technical proficiency on NetApp products and solutions.
- Review and provide feedback on new education offerings.
- Evaluate and certify instructor candidates.
- Write a development plan for new or modified courses.
- Determine requirements for delivering suitcase classes.
- Act as "Champion" for new or existing course.
- Mentor Training Instructors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a strong working knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; expert level presentation skills.
- Experience in education, including developing course materials.
- Ability to manage, implement, drive, and track projects in a deadline driven environment.
- Thorough knowledge of classroom management.
- Ability to deliver materials from at least three areas of expertise.
- Strong collaboration and team leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in storage solutions, and NetApp products and services.
- Thorough knowledge of at least two host platforms, preferably VMware and Microsoft Windows Server (and Hyper-V)
- Thorough knowledge of IP, FC, and FCoE networking
- Travel requirements are approximately 40% of the time. Valid passport or ability to obtain a valid passport to travel and delivery classes globally.
- Non-standard work hours are necessary to support global time zones.
- Ability to meet the requirements established for the Instructor Certification Program.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects.
- The tasks this individual is responsible for are often unstructured, have wide implications and there are multiple outcomes.
- This individual will apply broad expertise or unique technical/industry knowledge in solving problems that are unique and extremely complex given time, budget and resource constraints.
- Demonstrate leadership and vision in determining and driving strategy decisions.
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in technical training, including several years of experience developing course materials.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a technical trainer in storage technologies, or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of NetApp experience.
- Teaching experience of at least two host platforms: VMware, Windows OS, and UNIX (Linux) operating systems and device driver architectures.
- Teaching experience of at least two storage networking protocols: iSCSI, NFS, FC, FCoE.
- Good knowledge of router/switch configuration and network IP/FC design.
- Experience or good knowledge of the storage industry, including competitive landscape, is desirable.
- A Bachelor of Arts of Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field such as Computer Science is required.
- Background in any combination of at least two of the following:
- Virtualization (e.g. VMware ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Storage Networking (e.g. SAN, NAS)
- Networking (e.g. Router/switch, LAN/WAN configuration), CCNA/CCIE
- Databases (e.g. Oracle, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Exchange)
-VCI certification is highly desirable.
NetApp University / Training
Full time / Part time
USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park
NetApp - 2 years ago
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....