Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required. Prefer MBA in Business/Accounting/Finance or CPA. Minimum of five years of Insurance or Healthcare accounting experience or equivalent work experience.
Requires detailed knowledge of financial systems, cost accounting principles and financial statement preparation and analysis in terms of theories and practices to serve as the resource or educator to other practitioners in the field.
Primary Job Functions
• Coordinate timelines, deliverables, presentations and support for annual operating and FTE budget development, long-range financial plan and annual reprojection.
• Coordination of budget process includes the membership, revenue and medical budget assumptions for PHP
• Manage the administrative budget including setting targets and the variance requests process
• Manage and review ROI's related to the minor and major capital requests for PHP prior to submitting to PHS
• Conducts ongoing variance analysis and other operational support and produces budget variance reports.
• Participates in the identification of opportunities for improvement and the preparation of corrective action plans as needed.
• Attends meetings as required to assist with presentation of financial results, annual plan, etc.
• Works closely with financial leadership to identify opportunities for consistent tools and methodologies to support financial analysis.
• Prepares financial analyses and projections to support strategic initiatives.
• Provides education/training/coaching for peers within the finance department, and other PHS employees.
• Understands, embraces and practices the continuous quality improvement principles and the criteria outlined by MBNQA.
• Performs other functions as required.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 15 months ago