Bachelor's Degree required
Works under the supervision of the Revenue Cycle Officer. The position of Director of Health Information Management (HIMS) is responsible for the overall management of the HIMS Department at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center . This includes overseeing that Patients receiving services at Cheyenne Regional Medial Center have a complete, accurate, legible, and timely completed medical record compiled, assembled, and permanently filed for each episode of care received at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center .
1. Develops, executes, reviews. Interprets departmental policies consistent with Hospital-wide policies. Oversees the assignment and selection of employees to assure that the critical departmental functions are timely and properly performed.
2. Assures that each patient relieving services at Untied Medial Center has a medical record for their visit which reflects that care provided during that patient encounter. This includes, but is not limited to, the assembly, coding, transcription of physician dictation, etc. as necessary to provide a complete, accurate, and legible record of the patient encounter.
3. Insures the accuracy of abstracting of pertinent data in CRMC’s computerized systems is completed in an accurate and timely manner for each patient record.
4. The custodian of the Hospital’s medical records and provides policies as it relates to released of medical record information that are consistent with applicable State and Federal laws and protect the confidentiality of the patient’s medical record. Prepares requested reports form Hospital data for Hospital, State and Federal agencies, and other users in accordance with applicable policies, guidelines ,and patient confidentiality regulations. Assures that the HIMS Department operates in conformity with standards of the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), Medicare and Medicaid regulations, and other applicable regulatory agencies.
5. Compiles, maintains, and assists in developing informed consents, responsible for the security and recommendations concerning security of the medical records located in the Health Information Management Department and other outpatient departments and areas of the hospital, as may be applicable.
6. Attends meetings of the Medical Record Committee of the Medical Staff as the hospitals representative expert on medical record management and other Medical Staff meetings as necessary and requested. Provides information I an accurate and timely basis as requested by committees of the Medical Staff and for other administrative functions of Cheyenne Regional Medical Center .
7. Maintains data on physician completion, and timeliness thereof, of the medical record based on the guidelines as established in the rules and policies of the Medical Staff. Works with Medical Staff committees, hospital staff, and others in their needs for data concerning completion of the medical record, accuracy of the Medical record, and the comprehensiveness of the medical record.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Functional areas supervised include compilation, and storage of the medical record for all patient services at CRMC.
- Knowledgeable in established coding guidelines and regulations, tumor registry, and trauma registry.
- Functional areas supervised include compilation, and storage of the medical record for
- Ability to analyze data, draws conclusions, and makes recommendations.
- Ability to develop H.I.M. Policies and procedures, facilitate reviews of, initiate process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to review complex processes and understand the interdependence and interactions/ interventions necessary at the various stages in the process.
- Able to work independently.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent education and/or experience
- Two years experience in Health Information Management
- One year supervisory experience in transcription, coding, or assembly and analysis of the patient’s medical record
RHIA or RHIT, or equivalent
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...