Stars Chimney Service has been serving the Fort Wayne communities since 1978 providing the best chimney and venting system repairs! We are seeking energetic, self-motivated, reliable candidates to join our team.
The Service Technician is responsible for cleaning and repairing chimney and venting systems. The employee will also participate in the on-the-job training program and maintains a working knowledge of all equipment. This position requires daily travel during normal business hours.
- Inspecting, cleaning, and repairing chimneys, wood stoves, dryer vents, furnaces, and chimney
related appliances in residential and commercial properties.
- Installing all products related the functions of chimneys, wood stoves, furnaces, and dryer
- Reporting any safety problems.
- Selling products, services and accessories.
- Completing Invoices and reviewing them with customer.
- Maintaining all records in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Using various types of equipment, including brooms, high powered vacuums and cleaning
extensions to remove soot and debris from inside an existing chimney.
- 1+ years of related chimney, HVAC, or construction experience
- Able to write routine reports and correspondence as well as speak effectively to customers or
fellow employees when resolving problems.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs. and perform other
basic physical demands of the position as needed
- Must not be afraid of heights.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
MINIMUM EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED