The extra care registered nurse plans, organizes and coordinates effective extra care services. The individual builds from the resources of the community to effectively meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities. The position is PRN and located in and around the Des Moines metro area.
- Completes an initial assessment of client and family to determine the nursing diagnosis and home care needs. Initiates and re-evaluates the care plan making necessary revisions as client status and needs change.
- Partners with the client, family and community health resources to coordinate the care plan. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Provides health care instructions to the client and family as appropriate.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Prepares clinical notes.
- Updates the primary physician.
- Supervises, instructs and evaluates home health aide care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs.
- Serves in the on-call rotation.
Pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check are required.
- Current Iowa RN license required; BSN preferred.
- Current CPR certification from the American Heart Association.
- At least one year of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting or home health care.
- Current, unrestricted Iowa driver's license and auto liability insurance.
Iowaâ€™s oldest and most experienced non-profit, community-based hospice care provider. Serving patients and families in...