Citrix is a leading provider of virtual computing solutions that help people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. Citrix solutions pave the way for business to thrive in the cloud era, embracing mobile users, personal devices, wireless access, app stores, SaaS, and cloud infrastructure. We’re currently looking for a Senior Web Programmer in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
As a Senior Web Programmer you will utilize your technical aptitude, experience, communication, leadership and analytical skills to solve complex system problems. In this role, the Senior Web Programmer will handle specific development tasks and help mentor and lead other developers as part of an agile software team. This includes working with a variety of technologies (i.e. web front-end, databases, web services, etc) and standard design patterns to produce quality production code.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
Qualifications and Requirements
- Work closely with other developers in an agile team to maintain and develop new and existing web properties.
- Comfortable working and multi-tasking in a fast-paced team environment.
- Responsible for integrity of technical work on projects. Helps to plan, estimate, organize, and perform the technical work of an assignment. Coordinates activity with other project team members.
- Ability and desire to always be learning new technologies, frameworks, tools, languages, etc.
- Improve our development culture: promote innovation, new technologies, trends, methodologies, development tools, best practices, processes, libraries, etc.
- Generates test cases, documentation, and participates in peer code reviews to ensure software quality.
- Stay current with evolving standards and technologies, implementing them within assignments as appropriate.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Responds promptly and professionally to bug reports and customer issues.
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities)
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
- Required Skills:
- Programming: Java (J2EE), OOD, Maven
- Database: SQL, RDMS (SQL Server, MySQL), noSQL DBMS (BigTable, Cassandra), Hibernate, JDBC
- Web Technologies: GWT, SiteMesh, FreeMarker, Web Services (SOAP, RESTful), AJAX, JUnit
- Web Frameworks: Spring, Struts
- Platforms: Google App Engine (GAE), Apache, Adobe CQ5
- Process: Agile/SCRUM, Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Additional Skills:
- 5+ years of developing web applications, 3+ years of J2EE web development in a senior role.
- Bachelor’s degree (masters highly preferred) in related field.
- Plus: SCJP certification and other industry certifications.
Citrix Systems - 10 months ago
Citrix Systems takes connectivity to the next level. The company makes network access devices and software designed to enable PCs, IP...