AAA is a civic, not-for-profit organization rendering valuable service to the public, as well as many specialized services for the exclusive benefit of its members such as Automotive Services, Financial Services, Insurance and Travel. AAA Southern New England employees help and serve as a way of life. Through a 100-year legacy of service stewardship, our employees make valuable contributions to our workplace and the community that surrounds us.
Under supervision, analyzes business line needs and evaluates business system software to maximize application effectiveness; performs research, analysis and testing to solve user problems; acts as in-house help desk support for business software and assists users with business line specific applications; prepares system design and development documentation.
- Analyzes user needs and business processes to evaluate and formulate recommendations on business software; identifies opportunities to streamline processes; provides overall support and serves as help desk function to assist users with computer application problems in real time.
- Under supervision from IT management, develops project plans with assistance from management; manages small projects and assists in larger projects to ensure business software application projects progress according to prescribed time lines; analyzes alternatives and makes recommendations; implements upon approval.
- Ensures proper internal operation of business software; researches, analyzes and tests to isolate applications problems; recommends and implements solutions; may work with vendors and other IT staff to solve problems.
- Assists with system installations, conversions and upgrades; consults with IT applications and technical support management in resolving conversion problems.
- Prepares detailed documentation on business software, including usage recommendations, impact to existing processes, methods of installation and support, training and other considerations.
- Works with business lines to define report requirements; creates reports using tools such as Crystal Reports and other third party reporting tools; may use tools such as Microsoft Access PL/SQL to create abstract files, to troubleshoot and to test.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred. A minimum of 3 years' experience in systems analysis and project management with software applications. Ability to analyze needs and develop project plans. Knowledge of application software and relational databases. Experience with PL/SQL, MS/SQL, Crystal Reports, and Microsoft Access. Moderate programming experience and knowledge of all phases of system development. Professional level verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to prepare system documentation. Ability to work both independently and as part of a design and implementation team.
AAA Southern New England - 2 years ago
AAA is proud to offer space reserved just for you from $44 p/nt!