In the Core Services team at Walt Disney Animation Studios, we build tools and manage the core Linux infrastructure services that artists use daily to assist with creating celebrated feature animation films. The team designs, implements and manages the core communication services such as LDAP, authentication methods, DNS, IMAP and SMTP. We are seeking a Systems Software Engineer with expertise in core infrastructure technologies to innovate and support the next generation of tools and services needed for our current and future films. This position is located at our studio in Burbank, CA.
The Systems Software Engineer will work with the Production and Technology teams to provide Walt Disney Animation Studios with highly available and scalable core infrastructure services. This includes system analysis, design, troubleshooting, and integration of new products and developing tools and strategies to improve existing systems.
Qualified candidates will have demonstrated expertise in design and management of tools and services dedicated to communication and collaboration. Critical to success in this role is an aptitude for working with a technical team to develop requirements, strategies, and to support the core services infrastructure.
- 2-4 years of Linux systems administration in a professional environment
- Demonstrated expertise in Python or Perl scripting languages
- Experience with LDAP, DNS, SMTP, IMAP
- Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP networks and related technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly in working within teams and among stakeholders
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field preferred
- SSL certificate management experience
- Apache configuration
- Web development experience (HTTP, REST, XML, JSON)
- Virtualization technology experience a plus
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures.