HIRING RANGE: $42k - $55k
- Increase Zondervan’s share of voice in the media; proactively seek new print and broadcast media opportunities.
- Create effective communications and publicity campaigns to increase awareness of and build the Zondervan and Trade Book brands into trustmarks with media, consumers, retailers, and authors.
- Write, prepare and assemble press materials.
- Increase strategic partnership and influence in the organization.
- Manage the product specific public relations efforts for Zondervan, its products and its subbrands.
- Provide and manage PR strategy and counsel to product-specific PR campaigns.
- Monitor news and seasonal trends; create and pitch trend stories, cross-product themed stories, respond to media requests, provide authors as subject matter experts, etc.
- Manage workflow within the publicity team to ensure maximum synergy and team effectiveness.
- Communicate to the media regarding new product releases, best-selling backlist products, and titles that speak to news-breaking events and trends, etc.
- Secure/drive media attention for Zondervan authors, contributors, and related spokespeople for maximum sales and brand impact.
- Create mutually beneficial relationships with product marketing directors, promotions managers, media contacts, and key authors.
- Maintain relationships with magazine & newspaper editors and writers; television and radio producers; online writers, key bloggers and contributors and authors through written, verbal, and personal communication.
- Implement public relations activities at industry trade shows and conferences (e.g., ICRS Conventions, Catalyst East and West BEA), based on the agreed upon trade show and conference communications strategy.
- Measure, analyze and report on media coverage; communicate updates for distribution to the sales teams.
- With the Senior Director of Digital Marketing and corporate communications, oversee the Zondervan web newsroom to ensure the content is up to date, accurate, clear, and valuable to our media partners and other site visitors with timely updates.
- Manage outside PR agency relationships and freelancers as needed.
- Plan and execute author tours and publicity events.
- Communicate publicity plan clearly and in writing to author-agent, Publisher, VP of Marketing and Marketing Director.
- Manage the product specific budget for authors/titles wisely, timely, and comprehensively to guarantee that Zondervan is receiving the best value for its marketing investments.
- Create and implement marketing and media activities as assigned based on overall corporate strategy, working closely with the Corporate Communications Director to ensure titles and authors are represented throughout the whole of the organization.
- Participate in weekly marketing and sales meetings to ensure alignment between PR, Marketing and Sales across all titles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Personal Characteristics):
- BA Degree in a related area
- 5 years+ experience in publicity, and corporate communications
- Proven media relations record with established relationships
- Experience in managing projects and budgets with diverse internal and external resources
- Experience with print, online & broadcast media in both mainstream and Christian industry
- Experience and knowledge of publishing industry or related field
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships
- Self-starter and ability to work independently, flexible
- Results oriented, organized
- Team oriented attitude
- Highly motivated
- Handles pressure and deadlines
Zondervan is an EOE
HarperCollins Publishers Inc. - 22 months ago