This position is primarily responsible for Coordinates phyiscal changes to computer databases; and codes, tests, and implements physical databases.
Support SQL DB's on corporate and production servers.
Recommend and implement DB optimizations to increase performance.
Assist with all DB schema changes and DB maintenance.
Insure proper backups are put in place and managed, recommend and implement DB maintenance.
Recommend patches or service packs for MS SQL, MySQL or related software.
Run complex queries as needed by Director of IT.
Develop stored procedures, views, and functions for in-house software.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at appropriate times.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest percentages, volume and apply basic math concepts.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
Project Management - Coordinates projects; communicates changes in progress; Complete projects on time.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives.
- Pursues training and development opportunities; Shares expertise with others.
- Displays willingnes to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Makes timely decisions.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions/approaches to problems.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
Experience and Education:
- The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
BS/BA degree required
6+ Years with Microsoft SQL 7+
2+ Years experience with MySQL 5+
2+ Years experience with SQL in clustered configuration
2+ Years experience building complex stored procedures and triggers
2+ Years DR experience
Knowledge of proper backup and restore procedures for MS SQL
Excellent customer service skills and must be self-starter
Daily exposure to PC's and Networks
The ability to lift 10 - 20 lbs w/assistance, move heavy equipment and boxes
Sit for long hours in front of Computer Monitor(s)
Will require long hours and some weekends when business needs dictate
Moderate noise level daily in office atmosphere
Career.VI - 21 months ago