Job Requisition Number: 69745
Category: Network/Telecom - Systems Administration
Primary Location: Fort Knox, KY, US
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel:
Percent of Travel Required: None
- Under general supervision, evaluates, recommends, installs, and supports local area network (LAN) hardware and software. Evaluates user hardware and software network needs. Evaluates LAN hardware and software requirements and capabilities and makes recommendations. Establishes documentation standards for network cabling schemes. Coordinates technical installation of hardware requirements. Installs application software programs on the LAN. Provides software and hardware familiarization overview with users. Coordinates third-party maintenance for network equipment and troubleshoots problems with department users and department LAN Administrators. May assist in developing uniform operating procedures for administering LANs or minicomputers.
- This is a senior level Systems Administrator / Integrator support position in a web hosting production operations environment. Primary responsibilities lie in the Sun Solaris Administration, VM/ESx administration, and storage administration with the a working knowledge of BEA WebLogic and SUN One Web servers to include the installation, upgrade, configuration, troubleshooting and tuning. This person will perform complex operational tasks that include monitoring of various types of applications used in a web infrastructure, evaluation and diagnosis of escalated calls, analyzing root cause of any problem issues, resolving all software application problems in the production, test, and development environments. This position will also require strong Sun Solaris Administration skills.
- A minimum of 4 years experience as a Senior Systems Engineer is required.
- 4 years or more SAN/NAS experience preferred, with Hitachi SAN, NetApp, DataDomain experience desired.
- 4 years or more UNIX experience preferred with Strong knowledge of Solaris administration - Solaris 9 and 10 desired
- Web Infrastructure building and deployment experience - four years or more preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in WebLogic and SUN One system administration of at least two years hands on problem resolution, deployment and isolating anomalies (four years or more preferred).
- Strong/in-depth knowledge of HTTP and HTTPS
- Knowledge of TCP/IP troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of other Internet Protocols (i.e. DNS, LDAP, Telnet, SMTP, SNMP)
- Knowledge of web productions (SunOne, Apache, Tomcat)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Sun Volume Manager
- Demonstrated working knowledge of monitoring systems (Sun Management Center)
- Systems administration (SA) level network exposure to F5 load balancer
- Perl and shell script programming experience
- Working knowledge in several of the following: Java, J2EE, JSP, EJB, MQ series, SOAP, WebLogic, XML
- Ability to understand web services and service oriented architecture (SOA)
- Demonstrated experience working with Solaris, MS Windows, Linux, SuSe, and MAC
- Knowledge of system security, system integration principles and technologies of multiple operating systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and/or as an individual contributor on projects ranging from small to large, simple to complex.
- Ability to support working outside of normal business hours, perform on-call on regularly scheduled basis and working weekends.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must possess an active DOD Secret Clearance or be able to obtain one.
- Must pass a drug screening.
- Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and two to four years of related experience.
- Normal demands associated with an office environment.
- Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face.
- Some travel may be required.
CACI International - 2 years ago
CACI provides information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence,...