Analyst - Financial - Sr (Appleton)- The North Face
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for high level financial reporting to senior finance management, and to various external entities in accordance with required accounting standards and regulations. The Senior Financial Analyst is assigned to a combination of internal and external reporting and analysis responsibilities and financial accounting projects for specific brands within the Outdoor Coalition.
VF Outdoor, a subsidiary of VF Corporation and more commonly known in the Fox Valley as JanSport, is a growing facility, representing multiple VF Brands such as JanSport, The North Face, Timberland, Smartwool, Eagle Creek, Lucy, Vans and Reef.
VF Outdoor is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, medical condition, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other factor not related to job performance or job requirement. In addition, the Company has Affirmative Action Programs for the advancement in employment of certain categories of qualified employees. The program is available for review by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources office during regular office hours.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 920-734-5708
Years of Related Professional Experience: Bachelor Degree in Business with major in Accounting and/or Finance.
5-7 years experience in Financial Analyst positionExperience with SAP preferred.
Excellent, advanced PC skills
Excellent understanding of systems, SAP preferred
Advanced EXCEL spreadsheet skills
Proficient in the use of Lotus Notes database
Excellent, advanced query experience
Ability to work independently
Strong interpersonal skills
Must be able to set and accomplish goals
Strong work ethic
Ability to handle and resolve projects to completion
Ability to understand complex issues
High level of integrity required
Must be able to manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment
Excellent organizational skills
Must be able to work under pressure
Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
Positive attitude and outlook
Must possess good judgement and ability to problem solve
Excellent communication skills - oral, written and presentation
Occasional travel may be required.
1. Prepare account reconciliations by reconciling accounts receivable, accounts payable,cash, pre-paids, miscellaneous accruals and tax related accounts for the Outdoor Coalition. Prepare analysis and reporting on all reconciled accounts. Prepare reconciliations of other accounts as needed.
2. Assist with month-end closing by preparing and entering closing journal entries. Review monthly coalition department expenses. Analyze month end results and consolidate variance explanations.
3. Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting by preparing, coordinating and distributing monthly consolidated reporting packages to internal Outdoor Coalition Management and VF Corporate Management. Assist in preparation of quarterly reporting presentations to VF Corporate. Provide detailed summaries, reports and recommendations to assist in managerial decision making. Assist in entering and maintaining accurate Coalition budget data in the general ledger; coordinating and tracking data to ensure all information is loaded accurately and report appropriate information to Senior Management.
4. Prepare customer profit and loss statements by working with the Manager Costing to develop and maintain customer profit and loss statements for all significant customers. Develop queries to provide additional analysis and reporting for customer accounts to management.
5. Manage special projects and ad hoc reporting by participating in special projects and analysis as required. Develop and execute queries as needed. File miscellaneous government reports and licenses. Work on special projects under general direction with minimum supervision. Work closely with systems associates to understand the system process. Research current processes and propose improvements.
6. Follow all control related standards and procedures.
7. Contributes to the team effort by completing related results as needed.
8. Performs these and other duties as assigned.
JanSport - 7 months ago
V.F. Corporation is the name behind the label. Among the world's top jeans makers, it owns a bevy of denim brands: Lee, Riders,...