Compensation Owned Job Description:|
Develops, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains and tests software applications that support business units or supporting functions. These application program solutions may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies. May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource. Will not have direct reports but may lead projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. May have responsibility for a project and project budget. May collaborate with external programmers to coordinate delivery of software application. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities. Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants. Typically requires 5-7 years of experience.
Job Posting Description (JPD):
As an Applications Programmer you will help develop, support, maintain and test software applications for a specific business unit or supporting function. This position will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing complex applications for a Business Technology Group.
You will serve as a Subject Matter Expert and provide technical direction for specific initiatives and projects. You will have the opportunity to lead projects and collaborate with other programmers and business partners to ensure successful delivery and implementation of the software application.
You will work with minimal supervision and guidance from more seasoned consultants, and may also be expected to provide application support.
Serve as a Midrange Developer/Technical Lead within Fraud Prevention Technology to:
- Determine stakeholder’s expectations and objectives
- Work independently; Require less oversight/assistance
- Review Requirements; Analyze Impact and Document Impact Analysis
- Manage Design, Development and Unit Testing
- Perform Peer Reviews & Testing
- Document Changes, Impact and Issues
- Support SIT/UAT
- Support Deployments and Post Production Issues
- Understand problems and recommend solutions through a combination of technical and human inputs
- Participate/host calls independently with technology teams or business users
- Be a"go-to" person for any questions related to application development
5-7 years of application programming experience
Must have excellent software design and documentation skills
Must be able to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment
Must have excellent organization skills
Ability to debug applications
Experience with the development models and software development lifecycle (SDLC) model
Able to communicate effectively across varied areas including technology, business units and senior leadership
Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
Expert skills in SAS 9.1/9.2 Analysis, Design, and Development in UNIX using SAS, Base SAS and SAS BI Suites.
- Proven ability with Unix (Solaris/AIX/Linux), Unix Shell Scripting, DB2
- Experience in Core Java, Java Scripting, J2EE, Enterprise Java Beans, JSP, Servlets, Struts, Web Services, JMS, JDBC, JMX, Spring, Hibernate, DROOLS, and XML Technologies
- Strong working knowledge on IBM Websphere, MQSeries and development tools like IBM RAD/RSA, Eclipse, and NetBeans
- General knowledge of version control tools such as Perforce and ClearCASE
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Familiarity using previously unlearned tools/processes to develop solutions
- Candidate must be a self-starter, motivated, innovative, independent thinker, capable of mentoring other associates and adapt to changes and work hours
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
Six Sigma experience
Previous banking industry experience
SAS Administration is a plus
Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries...