Join our talented team in Germantown, Maryland! The successful candidate will lead and participate in the architecture and design of high-speed FPGA's ( >100 MHz), using Verilog, for telecommunications test applications including Ethernet (10M through 100G), SONET, SDH, PDH (DS1, DS3, E1, E3, E4), Fibre Channel, IP protocol (including MPLS, VPLS, VLANs, and voice/video over IP), OTN, and next-generation SONET/SDH (GFP, VCAT, and LCAS). Designs typically combine the development of new code with the reuse of existing code for internal communications processing as well as high-speed board-level interfaces (LVPECL, LVDS, etc). Design teams typically contain between 2 to 6 FPGA designers of varying experience levels. Qualified candidates can also develop high speed Digital/Analog electronic circuit boards, to include general purpose microprocessor and DSP subsystems, FPGAs, PLL’s, DDR memory, electrical and optical communication line interfaces, and analog signal conditioning circuits.
Qualifications should include the following:
- BSEE or MSEE or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years high speed ( >100MHz) FPGA design experience using Verilog or VHDL.
- Experience using Synplify, Modelsim, and Aldec Riviera or similar tools.
- Experience using Xilinx or Altera FPGA devices and implementation tools.
- Experience using version control tools such as Clearcase, CVS, PVCS, SCCS, or similar.
- Working knowledge of SONET (OC-3, OC-12, OC-48, OC-192), SDH (STM-1, STM-4, STM-16, STM-64), and PDH (DS1, DS3, E1, E3, E4). Working knowledge of OTN and next-generation SONET/SDH (GFP, VCAT, and LCAS) a plus.
- Working knowledge of 10/100 Mbps Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet (GBE), Fibre Channel (FC), and IP protocol. Working knowledge of MPLS, VPLS, and VLANs a plus.
- High-speed ( >100MHz) digital board and component design experience a plus.
- High-speed, high accuracy A/D, D/A and analog signal conditioning experience a plus.
- Analog or digital PLL design and analysis experience a plus.
- Experience developing low-cost, high-volume electronic products preferred.
JDSU - 2 years ago
JDSU serves markets that are at the heart of what’s important, making virtually every network in the world faster and more reliable....