Provide intermediate-level, professional public health nursing services including assessment, diagnosis, treatment, counseling and education to clients.
Posting may close at any time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs specialized assessment, diagnosis, and treatment services to Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Clinic utilizing appropriate protocols and guidelines
2. Elicits health histories related to sexual activity and presenting symptoms (i.e., previous STD’s, pregnancy, contraceptive history, etc.)
3. Uses test results and clinical assessment to determine type and stage of STD and administer appropriate treatment allowed under protocol
4. Performs all clinical tasks following established policies and protocols
5. Collects blood samples and other laboratory specimens as part of assessment and diagnosis process
6. Counsel and administer Hepatitis B vaccine to adolescents and other high-risk clients
7. Performs group and one-on-one education specific to HIV/STD and other communicable disease to select high-risk groups (adolescents, drug abusers, prostitutes)
8. Performs screenings for cervical cancer, STD’s and other related infections
9. Provides information to clients, regarding infection and instructions medication administration
10. Serves on a departmental committee
11. Performs all other related duties involved in the operation of the Public Health Department as assigned or required
TO APPLY , must have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN ) or higher + Two (2) full-time years of related work experience .
NOTE: YOU MUST FILL OUT THE WORK HISTORY and EDUCATION SECTIONS OF APPLICATION TO SHOW YOU HAVE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION AS REQUIRED BY HIRING DEPARTMENT OR BE DISQUALIFIED.
TO APPLY , must possess a current RN license .
MUST PROVIDE LICENSING AGENCY AND LICENSE NUMBER IN "CERTIFICATES AND LICENSING" SECTION OF THE APPLICATION OR RISK DISQUALIFICATION.
Good knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of field of medical specialty.
Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Ability to make professional nursing decisions and operate autonomously under written protocol.
May need prior supervisory and infectious disease specialty skills.
Tarrant County will conduct background checks on new hires that will include a criminal background check related to convictions and deferred adjudications in the past seven years and may include credit reports, motor vehicle records, employment records and educational attainment. A conviction or deferred adjudication is not an automatic bar to employment. Each case is considered individually .
If hired, must provide proof of educational attainment
at New Hire processing.
Physical Demands and Work Environment & Other Requirements:
While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, lift, push and pull.