UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
In 2012, UTC Aerospace Systems was formed by combining two industry leaders, Hamilton Sundstrand and Goodrich, creating an organization with key positions on a wide range of aircraft flying today and substantial content on various UAVs, satellites and ground and naval vehicles.
UTC Aerospace is among the largest global suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and industrial products. We design and manufacture aerospace systems for commercial, regional, corporate and military aircraft and are a major supplier for international space programs. Our industrial products serve industries ranging from hydrocarbon, chemical and food processing to construction and mining.
Engine & Control Systems (E&CS) provides complete jet engine controls and accessory packages. From the fuel tank to the igniters, we have the resources and expertise to design, qualify, and manufacture first in class central systems for our aerospace engine customers.
E&CS is looking for a JSF Electrical/Sensor IPT Lead/CAM to join our team.
E&CS is currently seeking a motivated individual to join the UTC Aerospace Engineering Partnership Office (EPO) in support of the Joint Strike Fighter program. This requisition is for a project engineering leadership position. The candidate will be responsible for managing a team of engineers charged with oversight of multiple CAT 1 suppliers of Sensors and Electrical components for the F135 propulsion system. This position will be the primary focal point for the Program Office, Core Engineering, Procurement, Quality and multiple component suppliers in the design, validation, manufacture and integration of these components into the F135 control systems. Thus a strong consideration is being placed on the candidates knowledge and experience with electromechanical components, earned value, and leadership.
- Bachelors degree or higher in mechanical, electrical, or aerospace engineering.
- 7+ yrs preferred
- Aerospace and/or Industrial
- Working knowledge of electromechanical components and system integration
- Product line includes pressure, temperature, speed, debris monitoring, and capacitance sensors as well as harnesses and ignition components
- Proficiency in Earned Value, IMS, and Engineering Standard Work is required
- Working knowledge of Pratt & Whitney Configuration Control Board (CCB) Class 1 Engineering Change process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with ACE tools to lead Root Cause investigations & Corrective Action implementation for improvements to design integrity
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute technical and business proposals
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project & Excel; Pratt & Whitney TeamCenter-Engineering knowledge a plus
Some travel to work with component suppliers may be necessary.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.